Carver Amazing 60" ribbons

Options
Ok, in preparation of Carolina PF V.....I'm going to resurrect RT1's Amazings that gave up the ghost at 117db playing a Telarc version of the William Tell Overature goodnesses at Carolina PF III in 2009.

Now, I've had pretty damn good luck so far in the WTB section so, I figure why not give it a try?

So, I'd like to bag a pair of the ribbons (so they are of the same point in life) but could make do with one.

Anyone got a pair, know where there might be a pair? Worst case, there is a NOS ribbon on eBay....but, he's looking for 1100 bucks which seems pretty steep or failing that, just purchase another pair for parts but that's a crapshoot in and of itself...

I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    I am still in contact with some of the folks on the now defunct carver forum,,I will ask around.BTW,, are they rebuildable?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    I dunno if the one is rebuildable. Steve took the assembly apart....so, I don't know if the whole thing is toast or not to be honest.....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Any chance of making Magnepan Ribbons work?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • george daniel
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    I dunno if the one is rebuildable. Steve took the assembly apart....so, I don't know if the whole thing is toast or not to be honest.....

I was there and remember the emergency surgery involved!
  • TroyD
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

I was there and remember the emergency surgery involved!

That thing went out with it's boots on. It was a glorious demise for sure.

BDT

• TroyD
    Options
    I emailed BobCarverCorp and they pointed me to a guy....and I think he is the guy who sells his wares on eBay.....I'm a little dubious about him though.....
  • george daniel
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Did they give you a name? I will be on the phone with a fellow that may be able to help. Good guy,, known him for a few years and he is fairly close,,
  • TroyD
    Options
    Michael Marks...in Clarksville TN
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,327
    Options
    Michael Marks does a great job with Infinity ribbons and domes, but for Carver ribbons you should get ahold of Ed on CarverSite (he goes by “sea” https://thecarversite.com/profile/247-sea/ ). He has mastered the best method for rebuilding the ribbons.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• george daniel
    Options
    Just pm’d you Troy
  • george daniel
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Michael Marks does a great job with Infinity ribbons and domes, but for Carver ribbons you should get ahold of Ed on CarverSite (he goes by “sea” https://thecarversite.com/profile/247-sea/ ). He has mastered the best method for rebuilding the ribbons.

Yep,, pm’d Troy with Ed’s number,, spoke with him today.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    A friend of mine used to replace Carver ribbons, I'll ask him tonight if he is still doing that. He just put copper ribbons in his, I told him he needed to rhodium plate those ribbons.ojz6d4p4g4q3.png
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    He doesn't do them anymore, because people don't know how to ship the ribbon unit without damage