Flyover scheduled for Monday

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
edited May 2020 in The Clubhouse
This should be pretty cool, so I will take my daily walk between 12:30 and 1.

“Sharing information on behalf of the California National Guard out of Mountain View, CA:

On Monday, May 25, the California Air National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing from Mountain View will perform a flyover throughout the Bay Area, reaching the South Bay at approximately 12:30 – 12:58 p.m. (allow for a 10-minute window). The flyover demonstrates the United States Air Force’s continued support and gratitude of healthcare heroes, first responders and essential workers in the fight against COVID-19. For more details, visit https://www.flysanjose.com/sites/default/files/press/2020MAY20 129 RQW Flyover PR 20-16.pdf

61zxykvioj3w.jpeg
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,022
    Vermont got their flyover today at lunch time -- we heard, but didn't see them, in F-35s, as the overflew the VA hospital in White River Junction (just across the river from us and a little further north).
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Pretty cool if you can catch it.
  • BlueFox
    Well it was a bit anti-climatic, but still okay. I was expecting much more noise, but it was sedate. I was thinking fighter jet noise levels. :)

0miselqd6ag6.jpeg

6crooiqoknry.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    I remember the days of Orions flying over Sunnyvale on their way into Moffett Field when I lived and worked in CA. They were about as far from fighters as you could get (and considerably smaller than that Hercules), but they raised quite a ruckus on final approach :p
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Cool photos, Bud.

Timing being directly under a 130 as it passes over on landing approach maybe a couple hundred feet up is a bit exhilarating, but yeah, at the altitude in these photos, not a lot going on.

It's the thought that counts? I'm wondering why in your neck of the woods all you get is a 130 and 2 helicopters, though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    Actually a few weeks ago there was a flyover with jets, but I was inside and only heard it. When I was in the Navy I worked on F4, so I definitely know how they sound. This was done by the California Air National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing, so I guess that is the type of aircraft they use. I just wish they had a few more. Oh well, as you said, it's the thought that counts.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,090
    The F4 was a flying pig... I have a couple scars from the ones we trained at Millington back in the day. Those friggen vent tubes on her belly had a habit of biting the scalp or back of those that thought they could be anything but careful around that aircraft.

It was a good way to educate the newbs about situational awareness when around jets.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    I live 3 miles to the west of Hill AFB in northern UT. We get daily flyovers from the F22 & F35 jets on their way out to the salt flats for training maneuvers. Some days, as many as 20 planes - always in pairs. After 4 years here, I still stop and watch when I’m outside.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    The F-35s are something of a sore subject up in Vermont, FWIW.

https://www.vpr.org/term/f-35#stream/0

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Here in SoCal yesterday there was a flyover of a bunch of WW2 transports and fighters. Very loud, low and cool.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Yeah... I caught a couple of those too! 😉
    Alea jacta est!