What to buy to hook up RM7 SAT Black speakers?

Hi, my house's previous owner left two RM7 SAT Black speakers on the wall and a bunch of wires. I think the previous owner must have had a home theatre system and took all the moveable pieces with him.

I want to take advantage of the speakers to build a home theatre system and am wondering what other pieces that I need to buy.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Answers

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,778
    Are the speakers on the front, side or back wall?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• guodah77guodah77 Posts: 3
    Hey, thanks for replying! They are on the back wall.
    edited May 16
    Ok, so they would be used as rear surrounds and do not need to timbre match the L/C/R speakers.

At a minimum, you need to buy two front (left and right) speakers, a matching center channel speaker, an AVR, cables and any sources, such as a Blu-ray player. I presume you already have a TV.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• guodah77guodah77 Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot! Just googled around, looks that I need to invest five or six hundred dollars at least to make it work. Maybe I will wait until later. Thanks anyway!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,461
    Way more than 5 or 600. That will just cover the receiver.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
    edited May 17
    What tonyb said and I forgot one very important piece, a really good subwoofer.

President of Club Polk