Polk cs 400 blown tweeter sl6505

Hi guys
I have a blown tweeter a SL6502. I live in europe and its taken three months to get a replacement . When it arrived they had sent the wrong tweeter . So its going to be another 2-3 months before i get the replacement. I gave up phoning Polk as they never answer the phone in the usa so had to go to the uk representative.
My question is i have seen a sl6505 on sale in spain. Should i buy this or wait for the newer tweeter and is it better or should i add an extra €100and get the polk s30. Is there a significant difference between the old cs400 and the newer s30. I dont want to be spending money unnecessarily.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited May 2020
    Generally speaking the specifications of different tweeters are great enough that they are not interchangeable, so wait for the correct tweeter.

The S30 and CS400 are very different speakers. However, what are your main L/R speakers?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Flegg
    Flegg Posts: 8
    edited May 2020
    They are polk rt2000's still great speakers. And apologies i just saw i made a mistake in my previous post. Tje tweeter that blew is a SL 6502 and the tweeter in spain that i sourced is also a SL 6502.The tweeter that is coming from polk USA is the updated tweeter RD2516-1 which is the reccomended replacement for the SL6502.
    Post edited by Flegg on
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    In that case, get the one in Spain.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk