Opportunity to replace RTI A7 with Golden Ear Triton 2

Options
ArsenalFC
ArsenalFC Posts: 50
Hi everyone,

Over the past few years, with your help, I've put together the following system:

Front (L+R): RTI A7
Center: CSI A6
Surround (L+R): TSI100
Sub: SVS SB2000
Receiver: Pioneer SC-61

Realistically we watch movies and TV about 75% of the time due to it being our basement entertainment room.

A relative recently passed away, and in the process of cleaning out the house I was offered the following equipment:

Golden Ear Triton 2 tower (x2)
Krell S-300i integrated amplifier
Ayre CX-7 CD Player

My current set-up is a relatively matched, balanced 5.1 system that is better for movies than music. I'm happy with it. However, I'm pretty confident that the Triton 2 is an entirely different class and quality of speaker. I'm not knocking the RTI A7 or Polk. I love them. This is just a unique situation that has fallen into my lap.

Given the equipment available, what do I do?

A ) Nothing. Let someone else in the family use the towers and amp.
B ) Incorporate the AMP into my existing system. Towers can go elsewhere or be sold.
C ) Replace the A7s with the Golden Ears. Add the Krell as well.
* Find a different Center and surrounds sometime down the road.
* How do I incorporate my existing subwoofer? I know the golden ears have their own, but I imagine it wouldn't hurt to include the SVS as well?

I'm a bit out of my depth here. Advice is welcome on any of those options (or others I haven't considered).

Thanks!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
    D) Put together a separate 2ch-only system using the inherited gear.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Agree with Drew on both counts. Sorry to hear about your loss. The new pieces certainly will make a nice 2CH setup! Let us know what you deciede!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yup...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Dat’s some sweet gear you will inherit, boyo! Don’t pass it up.
  • ArsenalFC
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes and feedback. What if I don’t have any space for a separate 2 channel system? Hm.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
  • dromunds
    Options
    You’d be nuts to pass up that gear
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    You have received some very good advice here. I would heed it, were I you.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    If AB and C are your options, definitely go with C. You can figure out how to blend the SVS with the speakers later.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • dromunds
    Options
    I’m not familiar with the Krell integrated but is it possible to use the amp portion of the Krell for now to power the fronts with the Pioneer Elite preouts ? That’s if you want to continue to use the 5 channels. See how your center sounds with the Tritons? Kinda thinking out loud. The Ayre would be gravy
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    Options
    Internet says it has ht bypass
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ArsenalFC
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I'm certain that D is not a possibility, at least not in my house. There may be other family members that could make it happen.

I'm leaning toward option C, knowing that I'm very likely going to need to figure some things out with the center channel and how to integrate the sub.