Polk audio model 4's modded?

Options
I picked up a pair of Polk audio model 4's recently and the crossover sticks out about a quarter of an inch from the speaker. they have little pieces of particle board someone put underneath where the screws go in the back not for screw holes but for support only. I took out the screws from the back of one of the speakers to fix it and found the reason they stick out is because they won't go all the way in without touching the back of the speaker. Any ideas? Thanks.

Best Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's a bucking magnet, which you don't need since CRT's are long gone. It's glued on, so very carefully pry it off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Answer ✓
    Options
    kachilda wrote: »
    Yes something about crt's. I think they were televisions which as you stated aren't really used anymore.

Yes that is how they shielded the driver so not to interfere with older CRT based TV's picture tube

Answers