NHT VT3 with bad Sunfire plate amps

Options
halo71
halo71 Posts: 4,572
I know usually plate amps arent worth repairing. Or hard to find someone to repair them. But what about the Sunfire 500 watt plates in these speakers? Expensive to have repaired?
--Gary--
Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    I know usually plate amps arent worth repairing. Or hard to find someone to repair them. But what about the Sunfire 500 watt plates in these speakers? Expensive to have repaired?

When I was talking to Bill flannery I asked him about those Sunfire amps they used on different products. my question then was actually aimed towards the Jensen subwoofers that used Sunfire amps. He told me when Bill did this he gave the schematics and everything to the company that had him design something and he told the company they needed to support them that Sunfire was not going to support the product. Bill told me he has no schematics for those Sunfire amps sold to different companies to be able to work on them.

Best to reach out to Bill and ask.

• halo71
    Options
    Ok thanks. Does not sound real promising so far.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • halo71
    Options
    Just talked to NHT. They do repair the Sunfire plate amps. $195 per amp. No matter what issues it has. No up-charge.
    --Gary--