polk crs

Hello ! I am new at this! I recently bought some polk crs. Connect to a yamaha rx365 receiver! along with a jbl subwoofer ...

sounds great on the stereo channel. (in my opinion) what do you think you understand better?

the only detail in the sound would be the tweeters ... one of them is medium hard when touched and it sounds low medium.

when I play some jazz with a lot of piano is where the squeal is felt the most! but it's not that annoying !! It is very quiet! Nothing else that bothers me at times is
zxck7tyustit.jpeg
u38fwoaqcbco.jpeg
9bafwqm9zhfu.jpeg
j0x03itr4yth.jpeg

the other one that would be the stereo sounds with a little squeal.

that you recommend me more knowledgeable ..

greetings from south america paraguay

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Check to see if one of those tweeters domes outer rims have come loose from the bezel.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Hello !! I just verified !! you are not loose Check on the inside of the speaker! everything is ok!

• Tony M
    Pushing on the woofers GENTLY, do all the woofers move in and out freely?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    A couple of options. Most people disconnect the outer dimensional tweeter because the speakers sound better without it. If you do that be sure to tape off the leads. In addition, that will allow you to pick the 2 best tweeters from what you have. The other option is to order new RD0194 tweeters from Midwest Speaker.
    One thing was leading to the next
    I bit off more than I could chew
    I had the power to sign the checks
    It wasn't difficult to do
    I couldn't stay and face the music
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay
    I robbed a bank full of dinero
    A great big mountain of dough
    So it was goodbye companero
    And cheerio
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay
    I never meant to be a cheater
    But there was blood on the wall
    I had to steal from peter
    To pay what I owed to Paul
    So many reasons why
    From Paraguay

By Mark Knopfler
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tony M! One thing I noticed when buying was that the 6.5 woofers are rigid they don't move! but a very good sound comes out !! so add the sub woofer! would this be normal on these speakers?
    Thank you
  • fnut You are right! I could do that !!
  • F1nut
    lucasalt56 wrote: »
    tony M! One thing I noticed when buying was that the 6.5 woofers are rigid they don't move! but a very good sound comes out !! so add the sub woofer! would this be normal on these speakers?
    Thank you

If the drivers don't move the magnets have shifted and that's a big problem.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• f1nut that seemed strange to me that the woffers did not move !! but the sound came out super good! I think they lied to me !!! They are more than firm! woofers but they sound 10! From my point of view !!! what a problem!! :/
  • f1nut Right now I'll look inside if the magnets are made of polk crs! that would have to do no? Thank you
  • Tony M
    It does sound very good with that sub in the mix.

But your woofers are supposed to float back and forth.

You need those fixed or replaced.

Do you get eBay there?
  • tony! Yes I understand! I have ebay !! but they send from the united states I would pay a lot for the weight of the speakers when I get to my country! I have how to repair that? how would it be? floating woofer is not doing much! thanks friend
  • floating woofer? tnks :/
  • Tony M
    The woofers should flex/float freely forward and backward. ;)

You'd only have to buy the 6 1/2" woofers if your woofer cones are frozen in position. Not the cabinets. Shouldn't be that much more. But then again, I don't know.
  • F1nut
    As Tony said, the mid-drivers should move freely back and forth. If not, they are no good.

President of Club Polk

• tony and f1 !! Thank you very much I will be doing some tests in the week and I will tell you !! thank you very much friends a greeting !!
  • F1nut
    Ok, let us know what you find.

President of Club Polk

• Hello! take the speakers apart and I think the magnets got out as you say! I think I will have to send them to repair Is this a good option? What do you think about? because buying is very expensive to bring from the United States! a simple photo do you think is the magnet? regards
    7llqtbuj0d2s.jpeg
    ljlc6voj7yye.jpeg
    4ex635gsqffh.jpeg
    2splgxclgkow.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Never seen one that's wavy like this. That's not good.

v3ykdbde1n5v.png
  • the speakers sound but not the bass .. I help the sound with the subwoofer ...

when trying to move the speaker cone it does not move ... it does not make noise when moving but they are super hard ...

I did the test with the battery in positive negative and the speakers don't move ... it just makes a little noise ...

that you recommend me?

greetings and thanks for your attention
  • Clipdat
    From what you are describing, it definitely sounds like those woofers are frozen and not working correctly.
  • clipdat! Hello! It also seems a bit strange to me! they touched with their hands or something like that! I believe

regards :/
  • clipdat!!I think they are frozen !! I don't understand much of this but I imagine that when repairing it sounds better you say? regards
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2020
    I will defer to the experts in regards to whether or not they are repairable.

But the photos and description definitely match what you describe with the sound you are hearing from them. If the woofers can't move, they cant accurately replicate midrange and low frequencies/bass. If they can't replicate low frequencies, then they can't move the large passive radiator as they should.

I'd wager that if they were working as they should you wouldn't even need to use a subwoofer.
  • I think so too !! everything that is wanted from crs .. sounded without a subwoofer !! But when I don't understand, I think I bought the speakers broken! I would love to repair !! because in the same way they sound wonderful with jazz !!! Thanks for your attention!! clipdat
  • By using the speakers in this way, do you think I did no more damage to the speakers? That worries me more! use a few weeks nothing else and not so strong !!!
  • I think using it the way I was using led me to force tweets and now make weird sounds for tweeters.
  • F1nut
    Stop using your speakers. If you are handy you can make a jig to repair the frozen drivers. There is some information in here somewhere about how to do that.

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    lucasalt56 wrote: »
    Hello! take the speakers apart and I think the magnets got out as you say! I think I will have to send them to repair Is this a good option? What do you think about? because buying is very expensive to bring from the United States! a simple photo do you think is the magnet? regards
    7llqtbuj0d2s.jpeg
    ljlc6voj7yye.jpeg
    4ex635gsqffh.jpeg
    2splgxclgkow.jpeg

That's the "click o' death" sign right there.

Take F1's advice and stop using them until repaired.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.