Jolida JD-100 repair

acmf74acmf74 Posts: 896
Polks,

My CDP as of recent has been cutting out/turning off while its playing. I checked the connections and they are all snug. I'm suspecting it needs repair after years of use. Can anyone recommend a shop for repair preferably in the NY area?

TIA

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,510
    Have you replaced the tubes?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• acmf74acmf74 Posts: 896
    I have not. I do have the pair that came stock with the player with very low hours. I switched out to the Psvanes when it was relatively new. Would tubes on there way out cause this?
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,231
    Yes
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
    acmf74 wrote: »
    I have not. I do have the pair that came stock with the player with very low hours. I switched out to the Psvanes when it was relatively new. Would tubes on there way out cause this?

Yeah, but let me ask is the sound dropping/cutting out or is the player losing power because rereading your OP you say, "turning off."

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

The unit would either go into a standby mode or completely turn off while playing (meaning the power light and LCD screen would power off). I swapped out to the stock tubes and it shutoff completely again this morning.
    Ok, tubes aren't the problem. I recommend contacting Michael Allen at Jolida, https://www.jolida.com/

President of Club Polk

I suspect a power supply issue, but I can't tell you exactly what.

President of Club Polk