Speakers making noises help

GetB1azed
GetB1azed Posts: 14
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Alright, I need help from experts I'm sure you guys are reading this lol. Well my 2 rear speakers are fine. But my two front one one of them is infected or something, sometimes when I'm listening it'll produce weird tapping noises, and would not perform to it's full quality sometimes it would just stop working and work again in like 2 seconds, it's weird. Thanks all In Advance If you guys know what the problem is.
Post edited by GetB1azed on

Comments

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2004
    Is this a factory or aftermarket stereo? Sounds like some wires are loose somewhere between the CD player and the fronts.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • GetB1azed
    edited May 2004
    so should i open the side covering of the doors and rewire it or should i take the radio/receiver out and unplug everything in the back and plug them back in
  • DJOwens
    DJOwens Posts: 8
    edited May 2004
    Does this happen after running it for a while? I've run into that before on amps using FETs. The tapping sounds to me that it may be heat related. It could be that a gate lead has a bad solder connection and causing the FET to oscillate DC to the speaker once it heats up.

When it's tapping, is that all it's doing, or is there audio AND tapping; and then nothing?
  • GetB1azed
    edited May 2004
    well i don't have any amp by the way just some speakers i bought like a few years ago... sometimes it would just make noises it would just occur randomly not any specific time when it's on. you know how on ur boom box at home when u switch it on and off well when u put the switch at neither on or off but in the middle it'll produce some sound but then not to it's full potential well sometimes this occurs to my 2 front speakers it'll just make sound but not perform fully.... well i just unplugged my radio/receiver from the back and replugged it and everything resetted and it seems to work okay after i tested it for 3mins haven't tested it for a long period yet so don't know if its good
  • DJOwens
    edited May 2004
    Ahhh, maybe it was just some good old fashioned dirt on the contacts.

BTW, you do have an amp. It just happens to be a small one inside the head unit. If you didn't have an amp, you wouldn't hear anything at all. :-)
  • GetB1azed
    edited May 2004
    hehe i see, well i'm trying to hook up my amp too but don't know how to, either i wait for my uncle to do it which will be awhile cause he's always busy or i can do it myself if anyone of you know the guide to connecting the amp to the receiver thanks
  • DJOwens
    edited May 2004
    That's gonna be a toughy to do over text. Do you have a manual? Do you know if the amp has high level inputs? I'm assuming you are using a factory installed head unit. If that's the case, it's unlikely that you have RCA outputs on the HU.

Do you know if the amp has high level inputs?
  • GetB1azed
    edited May 2004
    No i'm using an Alpine Receiver I bought, it's not the manufacture one that comes with the car. And my amp i don't know if it has high level input or not all i know is that I got these RCA wires and other wires that my uncle gave me it's an alpine also 4 channel V12 series kind of weak and sucky but i'm using it for now only. I thought you guys know a site that is specially made for installing amps...
  • DJOwens
    edited May 2004
    If you have RCA interconnects, the job is much easier. If you haven't already installed the new head unit, go to your local dealer and get a Metra wiring harness custom to your car. That harness will plug into the factory harness and give you bare wire connects. It keeps you from having to cut wires.

Here's a really nice website for car audio info.

http://www.bcae1.com/

It gives detailed explanations on everything about car audio. 98% of it is right on, but some of the techie book theory is incorrect. None of the things that are incorrect will affect you or your install. But, all of his directions on wiring and such is accurate.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2004
    well...im a little late but i wouldve said it was a wiring problem somewhere...when i get my new computer im going to try to make a "How to install an amp" thread with pictures and stuff...but i have no idea when im going to get my computer...its supposed to be here June 1st...but i have no idea because dell keeps f*cking up
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by GetB1azed
    No i'm using an Alpine Receiver I bought, it's not the manufacture one that comes with the car. And my amp i don't know if it has high level input or not all i know is that I got these RCA wires and other wires that my uncle gave me it's an alpine also 4 channel V12 series kind of weak and sucky but i'm using it for now only. I thought you guys know a site that is specially made for installing amps...
    If you have an Alpine aftermarket head unit, you don't need an amp that can take high-level inputs. Most aftermarket HU's have low-level pre-outs anyway, so no worries there. Also, Alpine's V12 series is their top-of-the-line. It might be weak (even though they are pretty underrated) but it is far from sucky. They make very high quality amps, though a bit overpriced. But hey, if it was free, no worries :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    But hey, if it was free, no worries :)
    mmm... free... :D
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs