No sound coming out of speaker

Options
luvmytruk28
luvmytruk28 Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Speakers
Hello. I have 2 of the Polk Omni 2 rechargeable speakers. I have had them for 3 years and have never had a problem. Last week, one of them stopped playing any sound. I can connect to it in the app and I can change the volume from the app, but there is no sound. The light even comes on showing that it is actively connected. The firmware is up to date on it. Do you have any suggestions?

Answers

• Ape22
    Ape22 Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Try playing from a different source

Swap the speaker out and replace it with one of the other speakers

Take a closer look at your receiver connections

Go to your main audio receiver or processor and locate the region (often the back panel) where all of your speaker connections reside. If the silent speaker was situated in the left-front position of your system, locate the left-front output connection on the back panel of the receiver. Replace that outgoing connection with another connection that is confirmed as working – perhaps the right-front connection. Remove the left-front wiring and temporarily replace it with the wire from the right-front output connection. Test to see if the speaker produces sound now. If it does, then we’ve identified that the front-left wiring is the problem. Check to see if that wire could be pinched under a piece of furniture, bent, frayed or broken. Either reposition or replace the wire to solve the issue.

If the speaker still does not generate sound, and you’ve checked to ensure that the new wire connection is tight and unbroken, it is possible that the receiver output is defective or faulty. You may have to contact the manufacturer of your receiver to discuss troubleshooting or warranty options.

If you’re still stumped to get your troubleshooting questions answered, don’t hesitate to contact Pol Audio at 1-800-377-7655
    An Audiophile Plugged Into Nirvana
  • luvmytruk28
    Options
    These are PlayFi speakers. There are no wires connected. I have tried connecting a media source directly into the speaker and it is still not working. Sounds like I will be contacting Polk. Thank you.