Project VC-S Record Cleaning Machine

Options
Anybody have any experience with these?
FKA: anton.chigurh (see profile page)

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I'm curious as well. I've been using a squeakyclean for a couple years now and I've been holding off on upgrading until we move later this year. I've read that the newer VC-S ALU fixes some of the gripes people had with the original VC-S, so I'd likely go that way. But I'm still torn between that or the VPI 16.5.

The Okki Nokki One looks interesting too, but who knows when that will be available in the US.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I really want to purchase a nice record cleaner also. Thought I would get one soon as it’s bonus season but we know how that is going...

Always wanted a VPI but have really started to reconsider and started looking at a ultrasonic.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited April 2020
    Options
    AudioDesk ultrasonic is the way to go.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    AudioDesk ultrasonic is the way to go.

It’s in the list.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Don't have any experience with the VC-S, but I have the Okki Nokki and have been very happy with it. My good Friend @jdjohn has also used it and I believe liked it. Was $499 when I purchased it but I think has gone up now.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    ^^^ True statement
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Al_Swearengen
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts on the Okki Nokki. I’m considering it as well. They do seem to generate so pretty good feedback for the ~$500 pricepoint.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Additionally, it is built like a tank. Aluminum construction and it is heavy, but you know it’s built well. If you do end up getting any vacuum style record cleaner, p.m. me and I’ll give you some tips that aren’t very clear on the instructions.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    From personal experience, ultrasonic cleaning is the very best way to go.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Yep, what John said! Even my wife noticed a difference and that's very rare.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Al_Swearengen
    Options
    Well I picked up a Project VC-S. I wasn't patient enough to find an Okki Nokki, and did not want to spend more. I really like the platterless design and clamp. It did a great job on the 10-15 records I did last night. I think I'll be happy with it, if it holds up reasonably well.