High pass 20uf cap.

Options
crashb4
crashb4 Posts: 222
edited April 2020 in Vintage Speakers
Corrected.
A brief question for the gurus. On a 1986 SRS crossover, which 20uf cap is The shunt on the low pass? New Clarities due tomorrow and I don’t remember which location on the board. Did a search. Don’t seem to find it.
TIA
Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • crashb4
    Options
    Oops. Thanks. What I am looking for is to ID the 20uf shunt cap in the low end. Sorry for the mix up.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • audioluvr
    Options
    It's the two per crossover that say "20 uF" on them.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • crashb4
    Options
    Understood. One is a shunt and the other is in the signal path. I don’t remember which location on the board is which.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Follow the tracers on the board. It's the one not linked to the two 130uF caps.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    crashb4 wrote: »
    Understood. One is a shunt and the other is in the signal path. I don’t remember which location on the board is which.

Both 20uf are shunts.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    The dimensional one is a bypass cap.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Not according to the posted schematic. The two 2.75mh coils and 20uf caps both form separate low pass filters. One for the stereo woofers and one for the dimensional array woofers.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I'll drink to your shunt if you drink to my bypass...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• crashb4
    Options
    Drinks for all. Thanks for setting me strait.