Prayers for ESavinon

124»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,341
    I guess no news is good news.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    F1nut wrote: »
    I guess no news is good news.

Yes! No news today. Prayers for Ed!
    Carl

• F1nut
    Thanks Carl.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    Greetings,

I have no update on Ed today.

I am not going to be able to update this thread as I have a detached retina left eye. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. They would have done it today if an operating room would have been available. My recovery will require me to lie on my side, in bed for 7 days. I'll update as I am able. Especially if I hear from Ed. Stay safe!
    Carl

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Holy moly Carl! It's not a competition!
    Take it easy there, and best wishes to you as well for smooth easy healing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,230
    Take care Carl and speedy recovery

Well wishes to all

Including all of the Polk family and their families

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    Damn Carl, you'll do anything to get out of gardening. ;)
    Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,589
    Oh, my -- so sorry to read of @schwarcw's retinal detachment!

Mrs. H has had two of 'em (each eye -- almost exactly a year apart); it is amazing what eye surgeons can do nowadays.

Praying for an excellent outcome.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    Well, I was gonna call you tonight but you just HAD to go one upping everyone with a "situation"....apparently, you have an eye for these kind of things.

Thanks for your PM. I got it...just been busy as all get up.

I'll call when you are expected to get out. Best wishes for a speedy recovery bro'. TTY later Tater.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,557
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Greetings,

I have no update on Ed today.

I am not going to be able to update this thread as I have a detached retina left eye. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. They would have done it today if an operating room would have been available. My recovery will require me to lie on my side, in bed for 7 days. I'll update as I am able. Especially if I hear from Ed. Stay safe!

Come on over! I have a pocket knife...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    Good luck Mr. Carl. Keep us updated as you see fit and are able. 😷☺
    Sal Palooza
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Speedy recovery Carl,,and prayers for both,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,499
    edited April 2020
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Carl. Continued good thoughts for Ed.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,506
    Good luck with the surgery. Just had cataract surgery a couple of weeks ago. It is amazing what the doctors can do these days.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    Prayers for a speedy recovery
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Your always in our thoughts ED! Carl, sorry to hear this and wishing you the best!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited April 2020
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/1sohuvrnao?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Found this other go fund me campaign for Ed. Maybe this had already been shared.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    Here's an update from the Go Fund Me page Jeremy linked:

Updates (1)

APRIL 18, 2020
    by Douglas Guzman, Organizer

Thank you everyone for love and support. Ed received plasma therapy yesterday and still in critical condition. Please continue to pray for FDNY EMS members Ed Savinon, Hugo Sosa, Idris Bey and Christell Cadet.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,518
    Hate to hear it, hope his recovery goes smooth
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    Been a lot of good news from the plasma therapy.
    Thanks jimmy
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    This is scary... continued prayers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    prayers sent
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    edited April 2020
    This is scary... continued prayers.

yes especially when one knows the person.....hits home a lot harder....this is beyond scary its down right serious.............especially to us SR's