WTB - Speaker spikes for SDA 2A

Options
Anybody got some speaker spikes they wouldn’t mind parting with?

Looking to take the bottom fake base off my SDA 2As and give them a more sturdy base by spiking them.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Let me check, Dan. I may have some of the chunky Parts-Express cones...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options

Looking to take the bottom fake base off my SDA 2As and give them a more sturdy base by spiking them.

You'll want to get spikes that are at least 2 inches tall. Don't forget to plug the screw holes after removing the platform base.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

You'll want to get spikes that are at least 2 inches tall. Don't forget to plug the screw holes after removing the platform base.

The plan was to glue a 2x2 that’s about 3” tall in each of the corners, and then attach the spikes into that.

If that’s a dumb idea please let me know :).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I wouldn't do that, but they aren't my speakers. Adding comment...butt gluing the blocks results in a very weak joint. Moving the speakers without lifting them completely off the ground would likely result in one or more shearing off.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    How would you approach it Jesse? Asking because I am open to alternate ideas.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I took the platform base off my 2BTL's, plugged the screw holes and installed 2.5" tall spikes close to the corners.

If you want to add the blocks, screw and glue them to the bottom.

President of Club Polk