LsiM707 and Emotiva DR amp

Anyone else in.here using the Emotiva DR amps with their LsiM707's? I've noticed an improvement over the standard XPA amp, and I'm still only using a Denon x4200 as pre amp for the next couple of weeks. Anyone else have experience with this?

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    I had the 2nd generation 600wpc XPA-1 monoblocks with the 60w Class A and the XSP-1 preamp on the LSIM 705s for a couple years. Contrary to common experience with Emotiva around here, of Emotiva gear bring a little too bright, I found the pairing to be a little too laid back for my taste. My two channel space at the time was however heavily damped with thick carpeting sofas and drapes. In any case the low end was so good clean and powerful with those big amps. A little more sparkle on top to add a better sense of space and it would have been so much sweeter.

My favorite pairing with the 705s thus far, I’ve had within my typical very modest audio budget, would be the Yamaha A-S801. That integrated was oh so sweet with the LSIMs.

I’m glad to hear you like the DR series over the the first couple generations of XPAs. I personally wondered if/how Emotiva moving to the more cost effective route of a modular amp design would impact sound quality.

Enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I do like my XPA3G3 with the 705's. Very nice amp that worked great with my S60's too.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • benbvan
    benbvan Posts: 20
    I was running an XPA2 G3 on the 707's, sounded very nice. I just added a DR3 and I run that on the 707's and 706c. Improvement for sure. Found a bad tweeter on day one though lol. Everything is good sense. The DR is cleaner, more dynamic, maybe has more pop/sparkle, but also warmer I feel.