anybody perform a successful tweeter upgrade for Polk F/X1000?

Options
I own and use two pair of Polk F/X1000's for my surrounds. The previous owner of one of the pair dropped one and the magnet broke free from one of the tweeters. Polk no longer sells tweeters for these and referred me to parts express so I am in the process of looking for a replacement. I like the idea of the tweeter used in the LSi series but am looking for something that would be a simple swap out and not need severe cabinet/crossover modifications at this point. The way they mounted the tweeter in these units is making that criteria difficult. Anybody have any successful tweeter swaps?

Answers

• Ape22
    Ape22 Posts: 9
    Options
    Nope. Since the Polk audio themselves sells tweeters, the configuration of the new or aftermarket tweeters can clash with your F/X1000's.
    An Audiophile Plugged Into Nirvana
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Go to eBay. Looks of Polk tri lam dome tweets that will be a close enough fit and won’t require modification: if you’re patient you can get the exact model.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer