I've been experimenting with home made

Options
Polkaguy58
Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
edited March 2020 in 2 Channel Audio
bass traps for a few days.
I had some carpet scraps kicking around and decided to mock up a couple corner traps, just to see if it made a difference in the room.
I cut three 12" squares, taped two together to form a hinge, placed them into the upper corner, then placed the third above on the ceiling.
I also made two more simple angled ones and put them mid-wall, at speaker height, into the corners.
It sounded pretty darn good, with a tighter, more defined bass and less harsh mids.
The remenents are black and look like hell, but now that I know it will work out, I purchased 24 / 12" egg shell white, compressed dacron fiber sound absorbing tiles, with tapered edges off of Amazon for 80 bucks.
I'll have enough tiles to treat the two hollow doors by the closet and will make a couple more corner units for the inlet where my sub resides.
I'm also getting a new living room rug and decided to make a hanging bass trap for that inlet's rear wall with the old one.
There's a floor to ceiling hanging curtain right behind the rack, which covers everything that back there..............sort of an extra closet.