KEF Surround Sound!

Options
jbreezy5
jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
Playing with some new (to me) KEF Q100s and Q300s, in a 6.1 surround set-up; I already had a pair of Q300s on front L/R duties.

Aahhh, matched speakers!

KEF will knock you on your arse with big movie dynamics! They are fantastic at relaying the swells of explosions followed by the subsequent concussive blast.

I watched the first Expendables movie today with them, and this truly made me want to watch every sensational movie in my collection. This movie lacks nothing for gun blasts, grenades and bomb explosions. I literally rewound scenes just to re-experience the awesomeness.

I’d also have to say, in my experience, I haven’t heard better for movie dialogue clarity and detail, and effortlessly smooth transitions during channel-to-channel sequences. That concentric tweeter really does the trick for time alignment and coherency during playback.

I’m a happy camper, indeed!

Any other KEF fans out there?
CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.