Blu-Ray Denon DBT-3313UDCI
AVR Denon AVR-X7400W
Plasma TV Panasonic TC-P50ST60
AMP Parasound HCA-1500A
MINIDSP 2x4HD

Plasma is calibrated using X-Rite i1 for Gamma and Red, Blue, Green
Subs are time aligned and parametric equalized
Speakers have Audyssey Multeq xt32

The system is great and I am really enjoying it at the moment. However I do find myself asking whats next?

I want to try Dirac Live and was planning on buying a 5 channel Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3 and add the minidsp DDRC-88A for processing. Then I figured it might be easier to just find a pre that had D.L. built into it.

Then I started to wonder if the price of all my equipment exceeds the price of the speakers, should I upgrade speakers next.

95% of the use is for Movies. 40 % Blu-ray and the rest streaming services.

I’m looking for advice on the next logical upgrade path to take. This year the upgrade was room treatment and acoustic panels. Next year is still up in the air, as well as subsequent years.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Think the RTI A series speakers are great for HT. If you listen to very little music, I would keep them.

I would upgrade the tv and bd player. I know that tv has a great picture, have the same one. There are some tvs out there with picture quality that is better, and 4K movies have a better picture quality than blue ray.

Only other thing would be ATMOS speakers, in ceiling preferably, modules if ceiling speakers aren’t possible.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I agree, I'd be looking at going ATMOS height speakers first. The 3D sound field is amazing
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Thank you for the suggestions, I would love to put up Atmos or even Auro speakers, wife has said no to ceiling speakers or even ceiling acoustic treatment, it doesn't go with the crown molding.

• Right now i'm thinking $1500-$2000 per year Upgrade Budget.

I saw the LSiM on sale already now that the NEW Polks are out. The Legends I think.

What other brands do you recommend?

I've thought about Tekton Double Impact, Golden Ears. Haven't been to any good audioshops and evertime I go to Best Buy/magnolia I get blown off because I don't look like I'm there to purchase anything other than a HTiB.

I hear the Focals, the KEFs, Elacs, Ascends and get some great reviews.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    If you're looking at speakers, you oughta check out Martin Logan. I have the LX-16 bookshelves and love them. With that Budget, you could probably get into their base electrostats. I also had Q150s for a while, you definitely can't go wrong with KEF, but my MLs are on another level.

Magnepan would also be cool, although I've never heard any. :)