Schiit Freya+...? Anyone? Impressions?

Just watched a video from Thomas & Stereo on YT. Just wondering if any Polkies have anything to say about it?
https://www.schiit.com/products/freya-1

9d1z06dmxcbv.jpg

I just sold an amp and have a little $$ to spend. It will either go to and upgrade on the Hafler XL600 or maybe one of these to use for 2 channel on the Infinity RSII over my Yamaha Aventage RXA1050 as a pre.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited February 2020
    I love Schiit gear and would like to try the Ragnarok integrated. Not had the pleasure, though.

Which amp and speakers would you use with this preamp?

Synergy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited February 2020
    Their product's performance has improved since they invested in an APx555 analyzer.

Also obligatory "clear your god damn notifications you uncultured heathen" comment.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I haven’t heard the + model yet but I do own an original Freya. To my ears it is hard to beat it’s performance at its price point, not to mention the flexibility it offers with the three different outputs. Unfortunately mine isn’t getting much use as of late.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    I haven’t heard the + model yet but I do own an original Freya. To my ears it is hard to beat it’s performance at its price point, not to mention the flexibility it offers with the three different outputs. Unfortunately mine isn’t getting much use as of late.

Well, I can help you get it some use! Lol
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    CH46E wrote: »
    Gerres26 wrote: »

Well, I can help you get it some use! Lol

It’s possible I may be willing to let it go to a fellow polkie. Shoot me a pm if you do have interest in it and we can discuss.

Danny
  • CH46E
    Let me look to see what the difference between the + is.

I know I may get flamed for this but, I should be able to hook a blutooth adapter to one of the inputs right?

I steam most of my music anymore. Cant beat the convenience plus my CD/SACD only works when it wants to.
  • CH46E
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Their product's performance has improved since they invested in an APx555 analyzer.

Also obligatory "clear your god damn notifications you uncultured heathen" comment.

There, how's that? LOL

xfu5cbkvq7fc.jpg

• CH46E
    edited February 2020
    msg wrote: »
    I love Schiit gear and would like to try the Ragnarok integrated. Not had the pleasure, though.

Which amp and speakers would you use with this preamp?

Synergy.

Well, I'm down to one amp now. So it would be my Hafler XL600 powering my Polk RTA12B or my Infinity RSII. Not until I just sold my Carver TFM45 did I relize how much more efficient the 12b is to the RSII. Amazing. 15 watts into the I infinity and it was mellow. 15 watts into the 12b and it would run most people out of the room. At least according to the VU meters on the Carver.

I think I tubed front end would really set the infinity speakers up nicely.
  • The Freya+ replaced an Ayre K-5XE^MP in my system. I settled on CBS tubes for the output and the stock Tungsol’s for the input.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited February 2020
    Astropet wrote: »
    The Freya+ replaced an Ayre K-5XE^MP in my system. I settled on CBS tubes for the output and the stock Tungsol’s for the input.
    I like original CBS/Hytron tubes but later CBS was made by GE. If they have getter clipped to the plates and side flashing they are GE.
    I do like some GE tubes but other GE tubes are very hard on my ears.