Dark Side of the Moon!

Options
I finally scored one. Sealed in mint condition.

I’ll give it a listen tonight and report back tomorrow with details.

b7ejh5xlm7sl.jpeg
2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    "And I got it from directaudio.net"
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I have one
    Is that a new old stock copy or did they start printing them again?
    Excellent pressing (although a lot of "purists" says it was eq'ed)
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    "And I got it from directaudio.net"

I wouldn’t have bought it if that was true.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    Options
    I have one
    Is that a new old stock copy or did they start printing them again?
    Excellent pressing (although a lot of "purists" says it was eq'ed)

New old stock copy.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    Bought mine new when they came out -- old old stock, in my case :)
    Haven't listened to it for years, though.
  • tratliff
    Options
    I opened it on Sunday and listened to it once and then again on Monday.

It sounds pretty dang good. Very detailed and offers very good insight to all the back ground sounds they used.

The bass might be slightly strong as @mhardy6647 mentioned in anther thread where we were discussing this pressing.

Overall I am glad I was able to find one and add to my collection.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I opened it on Sunday and listened to it once and then again on Monday.

It sounds pretty dang good. Very detailed and offers very good insight to all the back ground sounds they used.

The bass might be slightly strong as @mhardy6647 mentioned in anther thread where we were discussing this pressing.

Overall I am glad I was able to find one and add to my collection.

Yup
    I have the original Capital version as well and this one sounds waaaaaaayyy better (which is why I haven’t listened to the original in many years)
  • 55SLA70
    Options
    I have a copy that I bought when MFSL first issued it. I think it's been played, at the most, five times. When I went into the service, I got out of vinyl and sold off most my records. But I kept my imports and half-speeds. A few, including DSOTM, I framed and hung on the wall. I did that about 25 years ago and they are still hanging there yet today.
    Old Name: 55LS70Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x Amperex 6922's, 1 x RCA 5R4GY Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissuesAnalog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.Digital: Marantz ND8006Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC'sSpeakers: Polk Audio LSIM 703'sInterconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    5ukb44judxeh.jpg

Me too
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    5ukb44judxeh.jpg

Me too

Me three
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I wish! :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited February 2020
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    5ukb44judxeh.jpg

Me too
    machone wrote: »

Me three

Me four.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tratliff
    Options
    5ukb44judxeh.jpg

That would have been awesome. Now I have seen Roger Waters and Pink Floyd once he was out. I would have loved to see Waters and Gilmore together. You guys are very lucky to have caught that.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    5ukb44judxeh.jpg

That would have been awesome. Now I have seen Roger Waters and Pink Floyd once he was out. I would have loved to see Waters and Gilmore together. You guys are very lucky to have caught that.

My one and only time I saw them was in Sept. 1972, Their second set was the entire DSOTM lp. During that Tour, everyone got a preview of the this Classic, six months before it was released in March, '73.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    Wow! That's really cool, Mike B)
    You guys are all lucky to have seen DSOTM.

I had 3rd row center for Zamfir once.
    I disabled signatures.
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm not old but I did see them in '94, top 5 live experience!
    civilian Posts: 357
    Options
    civilian wrote: »
    I'm not old but I did see them in '94, top 5 live experience!

Crap, I just did the math I turn 49 next month :#
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    You're ANCIENT!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    I think I remember 49...or maybe it was 59? Never saw them live though, going to see Brit Floyd next month.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Saw 'em in 1977, Animals Tour, Giant Pink Pig Balloon and all.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform