Yaqin CD3 fixed.

Options
CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,548
So after looking around, removing caps and re soldering all the Clarity caps I put in I was about to put the last cap in and saw the problem. The ground wire on one of the rca inputs had come come off.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Interesting did you get it too hot or flexed too many times?
    Do those 630v caps actually fit, not too large ?
  • CH46E
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It appears that the ground wire was the shorter of the three wires so it was taking all the stress when working on and moving to board around. This thing is a major PITA to work on.
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Wheels are turning. I was going to do this to mine years ago. There was a great in depth video on YouTube and the caps that were used Auricaps come to mind. I've searched and searched but for the life of me it is no longer there.
    The caps used then fit perfectly in the locations needed
    Let my know the outcome
  • CH46E
    Options
    My Clarity 630v caps fit. Just had to off set one. I'll try to find a pic I have of the arrangement.

Search this here. It will take you to a good thread. I could not figure out how to share it. But search this

Yaqin CD3 / Darkvoice 336SE
  • CH46E
    Options
    This is the only pic I could find. Once you offset one cap likenin the pic, the rest fit fine.

lhgjn059mlb1.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    When I get around tuit I may just put new DH Labs silver coated ohno copper wire on the RCA's that would fix that problem ;)
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    My Clarity 630v caps fit. Just had to off set one. I'll try to find a pic I have of the arrangement.

Search this here. It will take you to a good thread. I could not figure out how to share it. But search this

Yaqin CD3 / Darkvoice 336SE

That from my quick study is a good read. I may use sonicaps since I have them in other places on other gear.
    Thanks
  • CH46E
    Options
    Just a quick note. If you unscrew the board to make room, as you have it upside down and opened, make sure to lift the board up a bit to get two of the solid wires on the underside of the board to clear the screw peg underneath it as you are sliding the board forward.

If that makes sense. Lol