Squeezebox BLOWOUT

Options
Lot 1
m8eg3d8nurzf.jpg
Squeezebox Touch, w/ Welbourne power supply (black) $140*
Has been factory reset. Does not include remote. The sleeve over the end of one of the two power cables (PS to SBT) pulls away slightly, but the wires are intact.

Lot 2
mp7l7d0bi261.jpg
Squeezebox Touch, w/ Welbourne power supply (red) $150*
Has been factory reset. Includes remote.

Lot 3
csyu18wn7stp.jpg
Four (4) Squeezebox Duet receivers and One (1) Squeezebox Duet Controller - $160*
Receivers have been in closets, on a workbench, and have not been treated like my other audio gear... they are what they are - some scratches and dust, but they do what they're supposed to do. All have been factory reset. One includes a third-party power supply and adapter (original ps died) - works fine. The controller battery lasts for about 5 minutes once removed from the charging base. It's easily replaceable, if you want to order a new one, but I only used it for initial setup of the receivers. After that, I used a smartphone app to control everything.

Lot 4
v691ak5i064h.jpg
Squeezebox Classic - $50*
Not sure exactly what version this is (V2 or V3, I think), but this is probably my favorite, just because I like the display. Includes remote.

* All are in working order, and include fingerprints, smudges, small to medium scratches, etc... In other words, nothing's broken, cracked, or dented, but we're talking used here. Still, the Touches and Classic look decent enough to sit with your stereo. Who cares what the receivers look like... They were usually in cabinets or otherwise hidden anyhow. In other words, everything is AS IS. Prices include shipping to CONUS locales only. I don't have original boxes (or maybe I have some), but in any case, will ensure they are securely packed.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The classic is a V3. V2 is just a display and much shorter
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I will take the Classic. It should say V3 on the label at the bottom of the unit. Does it include the power supply? PM sent
    Post edited by classic carl on
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Pm sent on lot 1 or lot 2....
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    The classic is a V3. V2 is just a display and much shorter

Spot on, as usual... Thanks! B)
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    I will take the Classic. It should say V3 on the label at the bottom of the unit. Does it include the power supply? PM sent

Yes and yes, sir! PM replied with details.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Pm sent on lot 1 or lot 2....

Message incoming.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Lot 4 is sold.

@anonymouse is first in line for Lot 1/2.
  • classic carl
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @jpdnkstr Here you go. You were late to the party and missed out on the pevious Touch thread.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Anything left?
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Lots 1 and 3 available.
    Pending sale on lot 2.
    Lot 4 sold.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Lot 2 sold.
    Lots 1 and 3 still available.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
  • classic carl
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The Squeezeboc Classic v3 (lot #4) arrived today. I have it synched with my Touch on the same system for now. One is connected to a coax cable and the other to optical through my Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 for an A/B test. Sounds great.

Ed is an awesome seller. I'm surprised that the other units haven't sold yet, especially the Touch with the Welborne power supply. Someone should buy it before I do.
    Post edited by classic carl on
    Main System:

Home Theater:

• mdaudioguy
    Options
    Thanks, Carl. Enjoy! :)
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    One SB Touch with upgraded power supply, and 4 SB Duet receivers still available...
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'll jump in and give a free plug. I have 2 SB Touch's streaming via Roon and they integrate flawlessly. Have also used the free software on NAS servers with excellent results and am powering one of them with a Welbourne power supply. Amazing community support for a discontinued product that has increased the lifespan of this well made product. Don't let the age dissuade you from purchasing. I paid significantly more for just my SBT and, with the Welbourne, it's priced to sell at mdaudioguy's price. Anyone looking to for a respectable endpoint/DAC could do a lot worse.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Lot #2 is back in service in my office system. Exactly as described and packed to withstand abuse. Thanks for a great deal.
    Glad to hear you're already enjoying it! :)
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Bump-a-roni!

For reference...
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    One SB Touch with upgraded power supply, and 4 SB Duet receivers still available...
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    So hard to photograph, but this SB Touch is still in very good condition. Includes a Welbourne power supply, and power cords, but no remote. However, it can be setup and operated via the Touch screen (duh), or with one of several Android or iOS apps. You can also program some universal remotes, including Logitech Harmony. Would seem to be a good deal at $140 shipped CONUS.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Also, regarding the Duet receivers, I can split them up and just sell one, two, or three. Keep in mind, they are easier to setup with the Duet controller, but it's not impossible to set them up another way.
  • classic carl
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Includes a Welbourne power supply, and power cords, but no remote. However, it can be setup and operated via the Touch screen (duh), or with one of several Android or iOS apps. You can also program some universal remotes, including Logitech Harmony. Would seem to be a good deal at $140 shipped CONUS.

This is a great deal. That Welbourne power supply sold for more than the asking price for the entire package. I rarely use my remotes. I set my Squeezeboxes up from my laptop, then control with it, a tablet, or my phone. I'm still considering grabbing it if it's available when I get back to my northern residence in about 3 weeks or so.

I have 2 Classics and a Touch. Somebody needs to buy this before I do. I don't need 4 of them, but I'm curious to hear how the aftermarket power supply compares to the stock wall wart.
    Main System:

Home Theater:

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    I have succumb to temptation.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    I have succumb to temptation.

Yes, he did... second SB Touch is sold! Thanks Tony. 👍🏼
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Anybody interested in Duet receivers?? Great for sending your tunes to zones. I used these for my outdoor zones (receivers were inside) and two bedrooms.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    OK. Reporting in.
    Item better than described & a seamless sale! Great seller here folks

Nice to meet you Ed.
    Burgers & beer next time?

Thanks!
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Thank you, Tony! It was a pleasure to meet you, too! Next time, yeah, that sounds good! 👍🏼👍🏼