SRS 3.1 TL DUAL AMPLIFIER WIRING OPTIONS

Options
I asked a question to the forum yesterday about using both my Harmon Kardon amps for my system. The prompt reply got me thinking, not knowing much about the interconnect cable and how it effects the amplifier connection it was mentioned that I use an isolation unit when I do. I also asked if I could run them mono one for left and one for right. it was noted to avoid that with a stereo amp. So now my question " IS IT FEASIBLE TO RUN ONE AMP 1 BIAMPED TO THE LEFT SPEAKER AND THE SAME WITH AMP 2 TO THE RIGHT SPEAKER AND STILL USE THE INTERCONECT CABLE ? I AM SEARCHING FOR POSSIBLE WIRING SCHEMATIC OPTIONS WITH TWO AMPS BUT CANNOT SEEM TO FIND ONE. I purchased these speakers used and received no manual. Your comments and advice much appreciated in advance. Thank you P.S. When I get this sorted out then I will pick your brains about the crossover update and the newer better dome tweeter.

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    No you need a common ground with 2 different amps I do not see how this would be considered COMMON GROUND. New tweeter will be the RD-0198 it is worth the money to buy. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish with this arrangement. You also keep putting all your post threads in the FOR SALE section also not sure why you would keep doing that. It would be better to put in the VINTAGE SPEAKER section.

Why are you trying to biamp?
  • mricci
    mricci Posts: 6
    Options
    I am new to the forum, I will see how I got the post in the for sale section my apologies. I just want to make use of the 2 HK Citations I have. I have never had speakers with an interconnect cable. I thought since the 3.1 are wired so they can be bi-amped why now wire them accordingly. Thanks for your reply.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    edited January 2020
    Options
    A single tweeter is no reason to bi-amp. Do you think that one tweeter needs hundreds of watts of power?

You keep picking a "new" discussion in the 'For Sale" threads. go to categories and pick new discussion then it will ask you for a category to post it in.

OK so you may be going about this the hard way.
    Give us the amp name and number HK Citation ? what?
    You are not going to find the wiring schematic for this 3.1 speaker as it was the very last SDA ever made at the time. It is not a hard load to amplify. One amp may be more than enough and make you life much easier to get to use these speakers until you gather more knowledge about them. UNLESS you want to keep replacing tweeters or XO components I highly suggest NOT throwing hundreds of watts of power to the tweeters. Either way the stock XO is going to be in use so it is really not achieving much.

Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • mricci
    mricci Posts: 6
    Options
    I believe I sorted the post location issue, Thank-you. The amps are Harman Kardon citation 22 . I just wanted to have as much head room as possible since I already have the amp.

Thanks