Jasmine Audio

Options
http://www.jasmineaudio.net/index_en.aspx

Anyone here have experience with their products? It all appears to be made in China, but some of their components get good reviews.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Very cool looking cart.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    The turntable is interesting - it says bluetooth output, but doesn't state a phono pre built in. One would assume it was before sending the signal via BT?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Very cool looking cart.
    It is, and a very appropriate 'look' for a Chinese piece.
    joecoulson wrote: »
    The turntable is interesting - it says bluetooth output, but doesn't state a phono pre built in. One would assume it was before sending the signal via BT?
    Stands to reason.

They are unabashedly Chinese, but it would appear more focused on quality since they design their own stuff, and have their own brand name to uphold. In other words, they're not just manufacturing for a client as cheaply as possible.

There's not a lot of reviews out there for their products, except maybe their turntable motors being used in DIY applications. Their tonearms first caught my attention, but I don't want to be a guinea pig. I found that Mockingbird Distribution used to sell their products, but not any more http://mockingbirddistribution.com/jasmine-audio/ (See the red text.)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Here is place that has some of their products. Canadian Dollars.

https://canadianhifi.com/products/jasmine-dragon-mc

20180130153603363.png?itok=jE9fKYqo

$7,065.74
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I like the looks and features of their LP 4.0 Phono Preamp. Tube Design with Vu-Meters, External Power Supply, plus the Front Mount Controls.

I wonder if the Meters are gauging the Output of the Cartridge, as in the Azimuth setting? Would be very handy if they were.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Here is place that has some of their products. Canadian Dollars.

https://canadianhifi.com/products/jasmine-dragon-mc

20180130153603363.png?itok=jE9fKYqo

$7,065.74
    Sadly Harry, that won't fit on the linear tracker :(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the Chinese sound they claim the carts exhibit.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdjohn
    Options
    Best enjoyed with a bowl of hot-and-sour soup.