NHT VT-2

halo71halo71 Posts: 4,420
Anyone have experience with this model?? Impressions?

vt2-4.jpg
--Gary--

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,999
    No but they look very nice.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,616
    I have not but have heard a couple of side firing woofers in main speakers before. They are hard to place and dial in on the lower registers if you are in a "real world" situation. IE, limited on space, have furniture or walls nearby.

They need room, lots of it, to sing right. IME

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    ~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,492
    edited January 14
    Not those but the 2.5i's.
    I think the sound is soft in the highs but detailed just the same. I remember liking them.
    I think they sounded like the Polk RD0-194's sound signature.

It's been a few years but I still have them. Here are some reviews of mine. Sorry it's not your model.
    http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/nht/2-5i.html

The one you're looking at;
    http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/nht/vt-2.html
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,420
    treitz3 wrote: »
    They need room, lots of it, to sing right. IME

Tom

That's not a problem for me. My den is16x24 with vaulted ceiling.
    --Gary--
    Going to go have a listen this friday.
    --Gary--
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,443
    I LOVED them in the showroom and would stop by the shop to hear them and talk to a friend of mine who worked there. I just didn't have the coin at the time to actually pull the trigger. I remember I liked them best with Marantz electronics of the time.
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Marantz SA8005, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Klipsch KG-4, Monster Cable throughout.
    edited January 17
    waiting...
    I hope they sounded great and you got them for pennies on the dollar.

I remembered I did hear a speaker of that series I believe. It was a speaker that had L,C,R on them. A center and surround speakers. I think they were like 450.00 a piece msrp. Now their sound was JUST RIGHT! My old friend Paul bought 3 of them for around 100.00 from a Pawn shop MANY years ago. :D
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,126
    I had a pair of NHT 2.5 that I really liked. Unfortunately, I did not realize just how much I liked them until after I sold them to a good friend who was building his first system.

I spent several years waiting for another pair to come up local to me, and ended up settling for a 2.5i pair a couple years ago. They are almost as good as the 2.5. Almost.

I recently had a friend over to listen to a few different speakers in the newly finished basement. Believe it or not, we both were split between the Kappa 9 and the NHT 2.5i. We listened to, from right: SDA SRS 1.2, Infinity Kappa 9, Legacy Focus 20/20, Klipsch RF7, Polk LS70, NHT 2.5i, and Carver ALIII.

I’m not saying the NHT is better than the rest, but on that night, in that room, and with that equipment.... yea.

e2tfnfq8p27c.jpeg
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    That's quite a shoot-out! B)
    I wish I was there!

I think my NHTs are just like yours.

I heard some other newer NHT towers in a Pawn shop years ago and the shop ALWAYS had them playing. The sound was soft but detailed too. The bass was tight and musical.

The shop wanted 280.00 I believe for the pr. and I didn't have that much at the time.
    I wonder if they still have them?
  • verbverb Posts: 8,838
    Nice collection @daddyjt wow! Is that a McCormack amp I see over there? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,126
    verb wrote: »
    Nice collection @daddyjt wow! Is that a McCormack amp I see over there? :smile:

Indeed it is a McCormack - it’s the DNA 225. It’s my go-to when I want to compare or evaluate anything in my system because if it’s neutrality.
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    I went for a listen. And ended up bringing them home. Crazy cheap price! I'm really liking them so far. They don't best my Thiel CS2.3's.
    --Gary--