What are my rights?

2»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    Interesting thread. And I realize it's all definitely a moot point now, but...it's no good that the cop was tailgating....but if you're in the left lane and going the speed limit or under, I'm gonna be tailgating you to SOME degree for SOME distance. If the right lane is open, then definitely not for long 'cause I don't wanna go that slow.

But people who go slow in the left lane are a MAJOR annoyance.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Interesting thread. And I realize it's all definitely a moot point now, but...it's no good that the cop was tailgating....but if you're in the left lane and going the speed limit or under, I'm gonna be tailgating you to SOME degree for SOME distance. If the right lane is open, then definitely not for long 'cause I don't wanna go that slow.

But people who go slow in the left lane are a MAJOR annoyance.

You should flip them off!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    I'm all for the left lane being the fast lane, but this was also in the city streets, speed limit is 30-35. I almost always stay in the left lane because it gives people the opportunity to pull onto the road im traveling on in the right lane. Now if it was a 55mph+ road, then yes, the left lane is the fast lane. Besides the fact I was going the speed limit.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    If you're going the speed limit, stay in the right lane. Even if it's in a 25mph zone. 'Cause if I'm behind ya, I'm wanting to go faster. :D

But I definitely see your point. I just prefer to be in the right lane (if I'm going slower, aka, the speed limit), and just move to the left lane if someone's trying to merge.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    Had a roadrunner with the ghost in the connection for the reverse lights. Make like you were moving the shift column hard, . .press the front of the selector window, and the backup lights would come on. Fun times. Cops hated that car. Sounded like a helicopter.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    audiobliss wrote: »
    If you're going the speed limit, stay in the right lane. Even if it's in a 25mph zone. 'Cause if I'm behind ya, I'm wanting to go faster. :D

But I definitely see your point. I just prefer to be in the right lane (if I'm going slower, aka, the speed limit), and just move to the left lane if someone's trying to merge.

then prepare 2 eat tailgate:p:p
    -Cody
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    I would suggest Yoga.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    ...what would you do?
    Cody, I haven't read a damn word of this thread past the first post nor will I.

Yes sir, no sir. Quit pushing the limits.

Been there, done that. Be like Nike ok?

Just do it.

Best of luck to ya' bro'.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Cody, I haven't read a damn word of this thread past the first post nor will I.

Yes sir, no sir. Quit pushing the limits.

Been there, done that. Be like Nike ok?

Just do it.

Best of luck to ya' bro'.

Hello, welcome to 2004! :)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    This is what I read out of it.

Ok, I got pulled over today under incredibly odd circumstances
    Ok, I'm 18, and live in TX, and im leaving the high school today
    i MIGHT have slid a little bit because I hit my brakes kind of late going across a speed bump
    so i might have slid a little coming to a complete stop
    im going 30...i hit my brakes as hard as i can until im at 10
    the guy is still on my ****
    i see his head lights and he has them going off...not like hazard lights, but like "walker texas ranger" lights...

he pulled me over is because I was speeding out of the parking lot and sliding around

That's what I read. 2004 aside, what would a cop read?
    Nothing at all against you Cody. Nothing.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    I never posted this, but also, when I went back to school the next day, I looked for any marks where my tires might have locked up and slid, there were none. Also talked to some of my buddies and they said they had had similar run ins with the same guy.

Oh well, this was almost 4 years ago anyway. I'm sure karma has already come around for the guy.
    -Cody
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    Consider this a little warm-up for when life hands you a REAL problem, cause what you got here is just a little chickenshit.