New Year Resolutions- What's yours ?

So what's yours ? Mine was to start eat'n better & getting out hiking & working out with the dusty weights I have.... Well last night I plowed snow till 11:15pm & actually made it till midnight to see New Years pop in. So I get up at 4:45am to plow more snow & I am starving. No eggs just a lbs of bacon & eng/muffins. This svcks. So I stop at store n buy breakfast sandwich. Plow for hours & I'm dead beat tired. So I grab a burger n chips at store. Get home & pop a chicken pot pie in oven & eat 8 Hershey chocolate kisses while waiting for pot pie. W T Frig. I'm too tired to work out & my belly hurts & I'm hiking nowhere. So much for New Year resolution today. Maybe I will start tomorrow :) . Hope your resolutions work better than mine. What's your resolutions ?
Randy/Maine

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Make my car more fun.

Have you ever lived with something that puts maybe 60hp to the wheels? Unless it's a 5-700 pound bike it's excruciating.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2020
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Make my car more fun.

Have you ever lived with something that puts maybe 60hp to the wheels? Unless it's a 5-700 pound bike it's excruciating.

Just remember it should start from the rear to the front, if not thing become twisted

Your cars old enough that a re-do is still cheaper than buying a new car if done correctly and in stages

AND DON"T SHOW UP ON YOUTUBE DASH CAM VIDEOS...OR U WILL MEET MY REAR END SIDE KICK :*B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited January 2020
    FWIW, I don't "do" New Year's resolutions.

https://youtu.be/qdZ5wY9XxdA

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    ^^^^^Willie is amazing no doubt especially considering the self abuse he's inflicted upon himself for longer than some of us (myself included) have been alive.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I've been resolving not to make resolutions for the past 15 years, at least.

It's worked out keen!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited January 2020
    Last year I worked on mental health with great results. This year is physical health, I have gained about 20lbs too much. I'm not huge at all but my clothes are not fitting like they should. I'll start working out again to feel good in my skin as I once did. I'm going to bike more this year once spring arrives.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I plan on eating more bacon.

I feel like I let down My fellow man by not consuming enough of the delicious stuff. A pound a week is a small goal, I think.

I may even butter the bacon...or bacon my butter...?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    To get out of the audio racket.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    edited January 2020
    this is a test for nosiness, or cleverness. you passed.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    My resolution is to be more productive this year. It’s the only thing I can control.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2020
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Make my car more fun.

Your comment made me think of my old speed freak co-worker who stopped by after many, many years!

An old friend and former co-worker stopped by yesterday after maybe 8 years or more because he found my # and was going to be in town. We had a good afternoon. He still has this V8 Mustang that has little room under the hood. He didn't say how much HP it has but he said it had enough to spin the rears through 3 gears.

Oh, he revved it up and I'm sure neighbors within 1 1/2 miles around could hear it. It was a BLAST hearing him blast that thing about 5 times or more!

When he left, he left a pair of burn-out marks past my drive-way and on past my neighbors yard. Smoke and rubber smell to the max.

Here's his muscle machine that he doesn't drive much because of mpg is very costly he said.
    mra1yakk16hl.png

The rear tires are super wide too!
    rtkpri25lm70.png
    36pafv64awjj.png

Ron calls me this morning and says "guess what". What? "I have a delivery on your street!. I'll see you in 15 min.. Come on down the street to the job site!. OK.
    Here he was at work this morn..
    5c1zd558w0yw.png
    8sxyezit4e7b.png

Ron and my old friend and neighbor Scotty. Scotty is building a big metal structure garage.
    llh0tiqctfdw.png

@Nightfall...Get some HP this year! B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.