IS there, in fact, any customer service??!

Options
11/30/19: Ordered online, from the company website, two Polk T50 Tower Speakers. Issued Order # EC17BC5, FedEx Tracking # 1126 6703 4321.
12/07/19: One speaker, bearing the above numbers, delivered to my door. Driver is not aware of any other boxes. Call 800-377-7655. Most of you know what happens next: NOTHING.
12/10 - 12/18/19: File online incident report, assigned incident # 191210 - 000687. Am told in automatically generated email response that “a representative will get in touch with you soon.” Begin to wonder about definition of “soon” as I make repeated calls to the 800 number and update my incident report with additional requests for a response. NADA! ZIP! ZERO!
12/18/19: In desperation, email Kenneth Carter, even though one forum poster says he is no longer with the company.

Does anyone have any other suggestions besides just being happy with a monaural system?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I can only think if you have done all that, filling a report with your credit card company may be the next route?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shay54
    Options
    Polk has already debited my account for the pair (sold separately, as Polk does). I am in possession of one. Maybe I could address this through fraud prevention?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    shay54 wrote: »
    Polk has already debited my account for the pair (sold separately, as Polk does). I am in possession of one. Maybe I could address this through fraud prevention?

@CassidyStains

I don't think she's customer service but surely she can get this expedited for you.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • shay54
    Options
    Thanks, Rooftop! I’ll try her.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks @rooftop59

Sorry about your overall experience @shay54 - please DM me your phone and email address, I'll have a technician reach out to you.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    Options
    I'd like to offer you a personal "Thank you" for steeping up to the plate on this Cassidy. I know it's not your job but I think I speak for many here that we all have been disappointed in Polk's recent lack of service after years of stellar customer service experiences.

Thank you.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    ^^THIS^^

TY Tom
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
  • shay54
    Options
    After hearing nothing from Polk yesterday or today, I resolved the situation myself by going to my bank and filing a claim for fraud against Polk Audio for the cost of one speaker plus tax. The bank credited my account with that sum this morning and I went to my local Best Buy and bought another speaker at a cost of $20 over the Black Friday special, and including a two-week price match guarantee from Best Buy if Polk lowers the price again in that time frame.

Got ‘em hooked up and am enjoying them as I write this - they truly are a good product, and especially at anywhere near this price; it’s just tragic that Polk CS doesn’t come close to matching their R&D.

Funny thing, the guy at Best Buy told me, “I’m afraid we only have one left in stock but if you buy the pair today, we’ll call you when we get another one in.” I told him, “By coincidence, I happen to only need one.” I guess that made us both happy.

Thanks to those who reached out to help, and Happy Holidays to all.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Glad to hear YOU worked it out! Now, ENJOY your new speaker(s). :)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Hey!! I know that guy! @mdaudioguy

Glad to see you back.
  • shay54
    Options
    Must revisit this situation in all fairness. Finally, was reached out to by Adam Abramson in eCommerce on January 15 - he worked for a month to get my situation resolved (something about two divisions within the company not communicating well with each other), and finally succeeded beyond my expectations. I am more than satisfied. I noticed that, during the course of our email exchange, he went from signing himself “eCommerce administrator” to “Senior Customer Service Tech.” I hope that indicates a promotion. He is good.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    Options
    Nice. Glad to hear that your issue got resolved. Thanks for following up.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    shay54 wrote: »
    Funny thing, the guy at Best Buy told me, “I’m afraid we only have one left in stock but if you buy the pair today, we’ll call you when we get another one in.” I told him, “By coincidence, I happen to only need one.” I guess that made us both happy.

And now you know where the other one went.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus