I'm alive

Options
mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited May 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Hey guys, I'm alive.

Since June of 2002 and the opening of our computer store, I have been right out straight and not much into the audio arena. Not for lack of interest mind you, but rather lack of time or ability to dedicate any thought processes to anything but the company and sleep. After doing all our finances, ordering, receiving, shipping, tech work, parts look ups, supplier contacts, phone support, field work, sales floor work, garbage detail, houskeeping, and whatever else you can think of I have little time or desire to do much else lately.

We started in my garage with a meager $3,000 between the 3 of us with no loans, no credit and no jobs! (well, Bob's gainfully employed, but thats more than I can say for me) But anyways, we tried to get some financial help for advertising and equipment but nobody would give us a red cent since on paper and in theory we looked like a joke. We were even told by one investment consultant that without any backing we'd never get out of the garage and we'd never generate any revenues than what we already had. (which was about, lets see....carry the 1, ummm NOTHING!)

Well 2 years later and approx 20k+/quarter out of a retail location in a business district we're doing ok. I sometimes feel like sending that guy a report and asking him where we went wrong according to his prediction. His 6 year college education and bookwise experience just went out the window.

On the audio front, well Im hoping to be in a position someday where our future employees and managers can run the company and the 3 founders can take a breather and get back to what really counts....enjoying them big **** POLK SDA'S on a regular basis!
Post edited by mjmcg on

Comments