Acoustat TNT 200's and Spectra 1100's

Options
I've suddenly noticed a couple different local ads for these and wondering if anyone has any experience? I've read a bunch of online reviews on the speakers but the amp is kind of shrouded in mystery other than the usual "Greatest Amp Ever" "Worst Amp Ever". It's rated at 100 wpc at 8 ohms but no specs otherwise. Internally it looks like it's designed to be low ohm stable, high current amp but...

fn4snrjfpunw.jpg

2niuahyqn22s.jpg

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Owned the speakers in the late 80's early 90's. I enjoyed them, but, only had them less than a year. Know nothing about the Amp
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Thanks Kerry. I'm probably going to listen to them in a couple of days.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I never had an issue with them, I loved them, but, it was the first hybrid i had heard. They were affordable, and actually offered impactful bass compared to other e-stats, however, i think they ended up with a reputation of being cheaply made.