255c-rt and signature series

Options
I planned on using the 255c-rt and two 265-rt for my LCR, but wall stud placement prevents using the 265. This was discovered after I cut the hole for the 255c. The wife really likes the in-wall look, so the 255c will stay. I know they are timbre matched with the RTi series, but reviews and comments are pushing toward the signature series, specifically the S55 towers. Will using the S55 sound odd or work well?

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I used a CSiA6 with my Signature S60, no problem at all. Even worked well on multi channel SACD.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Have you given any thought to using ceiling speakers to match your center instead? You can either use them in-wall, if that helps avoid the studs, or in-ceiling. Your 225c-RT will anchor the dialogue for movies and TV. The link is for the V80, but there is also a smaller V60 version.

It’s impossible to beat the WAF on architectural speakers.
    Alea jacta est!
  • noob
    noob Posts: 2
    Options
    Re: ceiling speakers: I cannot use them. Without going into a long post about the wall, I just cannot use an in-wall speaker on the right side without cutting and bracing and patching, etc. And I just don't want to do all that work. So, I'm going with towers (because the wife would rather those than bookshelf speakers).

Thanks for the info on using the CSiA6 with your S60. I'll go with the S55 and find out how it works.