Is this a really dangerous AND dumb law, or am I misguided?

2»

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    'Share the Lane': this basically suggests that motorcycles always have the right of way. Why do they get such special treatment? Obviously, seat-belt laws don't apply to them, either. My apologies to all the responsible motorcyclists out there.

I was driving to work in rush hour traffic one morning, and a motorcycle cop pulled up next to me, got my attention, and gave me a "put your seat-belt on" motion while were both going about 35-40MPH down the interstate. He did this by taking one hand off his handlebar, and reaching across his chest as if putting on an imaginary seat-belt. Okay, yes, I should have been wearing my seat-belt, but I find it ironic that a guy on a motorcycle was telling me I need to put on my seat-belt.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited December 2019
    Ah, this thread reminds me of Vietnam, where you go to an intersection with 300 mopeds, no lanes or stop signs... Just horn blowing and pure chaos
    Not my photo, but great representation of daily traffic, non rush hour

m8s298j350pa.jpg

And this is rush hour
    ebj2rnpouby1.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I feel that's a bad law! Dangerous one too.

Here's an insane lane splitting video you all might feel fits that stupid law.
    https://youtu.be/yyFsIEs_bns
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Let's say a guy does a merge right while a guy is doing this and the bike smacks into the door. Who's at fault? It's a poor idea all around. That's why there are lanes.
    Around here left turn lanes and shoulders act as passing lanes for bikes and cars.
    Not legal, but that never stopped anyone. Risky driving results in accidents sooner
    or later. Just like those guys weaving in and out of heavy traffic at 80 mph.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson