Doobie Brothers Unite With Michael McDonald For 50th Anniversary Tour

With the possible induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in 2020, the Doobie Brothers are going out for a big tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/doobie-brothers-michael-mcdonald-50th-anniversary-tour-914341/?fbclid=IwAR2ggzxrEwxMlkH17Grk4eCf3NkOcTXqTjJsxCxLashy2gG82_bjGxsJTpo

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Agreed!! They should change the name too....a substantial percentage of the "artists" in there wouldn't know Rock if one rolled over them.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    dang closest to me is Tinley Park.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I liked the early Doobie Brothers' stuff quite a bit.
    Michael McDonald sounds like a wounded water buffalo when he sings -- cannot stand him. :/
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Too bad
    Rick88 wrote: »
    That's great, I'd like to see them!!

They should've been in there long ago, considering all the crappy artists that have been getting in over the last decade or so. To me the hall has lost a great deal of credibility...

I don't think it's necessarily an honor to be inducted anymore after all Janet Jackson is in there LOL!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Danny Tse wrote: »

Hmmmmm....coming to my city. Tickets go on sale first week of Dec.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2019
    JayCee wrote: »

You should definitely consider seeing them. It's not everyday the Doobie Brothers tour with Michael McDonald, and 'em guys ain't getting any younger. I would even say this may be the last time they will tour together.....not that they hate each other, more like time catches up with them.

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited November 2019
    Saw them with Chicago probably 5 -7 years ago, great concert. They combined to do "I'm a Man" to close out the night. It was a great ending to the concert. Needless to say, Michael wasn't with them then.
    My wife and I went to one of her company events and they had Michael there. We have a picture of her and one of her co workers sitting within a few feet of him at the event while he was singing.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I liked the early Doobie Brothers' stuff quite a bit.
    Michael McDonald sounds like a wounded water buffalo when he sings -- cannot stand him. :/

I thought "Minute by Minute" was a fabulous album. I never call anything fabulous cept you Doc, you are pretty darn fabulous... in a manly sort of way.
  • JayCee
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    JayCee wrote: »
    You should definitely consider seeing them. It's not everyday the Doobie Brothers tour with Michael McDonald, and 'em guys ain't getting any younger. I would even say this may be the last time they Tour together.....not that they hate each other, more like time catches up with them.
    Doobie's 50th Anniversary tour...definitely will. You're right, ain't getting any younger (them...and me :smile: ). The Eat a Peach SACD sounds fabulous.
    Saw McDonald's solo Christmas concert @ the Strathmore, MD, around 2013. Enjoyed it. When I rep'd stereos in the 80's "I Keep Forgetting" was in heavy rotation to hook customers. Sold quite a bit of gear using his If That's What it Takes album! Thanks for the visual (and auditory) reference, @mhardy6647, never thought of MM sounding like a wounded water buffalo. If my concert's ruined I'm sending you the bill. LOL.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2019
    Going to buy tickets Dec 2nd for next October for
    10/10/20 – Houston, TX @ The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

Goal is first 10 rows under the pavilion

2pb5zz8qaej3.png

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited November 2019
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. Janet Jackson and Tupac are in, Motorhead and Judas Priest don't make the cut? Give me a break.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://youtu.be/m95sYuPfAuo

Probably Michael McDonalds fault :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • JayCee
    Score during presale! Picked up 4 tickets, 11th row, in the first section next to the stage. Two of the tickets are for my parents and an Xmas gift.