Horrible Customer Service

My problem started when I went I purchased a new receiver and began the audio setup. I noticed my right front speaker (S-60) sounded muddied and had no high end. So thinking this may just be part of the tone test I decided to move the right over to the left and confirmed that there was an issue with this speaker (it is only about 2 years old).

I then called customer service.....

After I began to explain my problem to the tech on the line, he kept calling the tweeter (which I told him I though was the cause of the issue) a "Twitter". No joke. I thought it was a mistake at first but after about 5 times of having him say this word he continued to call it a "Twitter" and that I needed to remove my "Twitter" and test it separately. If anyone knows the S-60 which I believe a tech should, there is no quick and easy way to remove the "Twitter". There are security screws in the front panel. I finally got fed up so I just gave up on the call. I called back to try and get a new rep. This one told me the same thing to open the speaker up (he did say tweeter though). I asked ...ok how do you want me to do this given there are security screws? He said hold on and he hung up. Perfect.

I then got on Facebook and contacted through this method. After a few days I got an incident number and was told it was being given priority and I needed to supply my contact information (which I did). I still have not heard back form them.

I find this to be extremely unprofessional and upsetting from a brand like Polk. I always figured they were good.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with a knowledgeable rep that knows their product and knows a difference between a tweeter and Twitter? Or give me access to the technical help manual their group reads from so I can just figure out the issue, buy a security screwdriver and the parts online then repair it myself....because that would be worth more than getting the free warranty repair work done.

Comments