Component/Tweeter Installation

mbdyer12
mbdyer12 Posts: 220
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys...

I'm gunna install the speakers in my new car tomorrow and I've got a question or two.

I'm going to be installing the tweeters in the sail panel and I'm not exactly sure how to go about cutting the hole for the swivel pod. Whats the easiest and safest way to do this?

Would it be tough to install the tweeter in the door panel, lets say above the door handle and closer to the door's hinge? I'm just tryin to get options. I wont have the car till tomorrow so I cant give more information.

I made my decision on sound dampening too. I'm going to order enough secondskin STFU-80 to cover my entire car pretty much. I'm looking forward to that coming in =D

Much thanks for the help, again.
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
Post edited by mbdyer12 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2004
    Well before you start cutting I would recommend getting some 2 sided 3M tape or something and stick the tweeter to several locations and see how they sound.

Mount the mid where ever youre going to then hook everything up and stick the tweeter on the mirror sail, high on the door panel, a few inches above the mid and on the A-pillar. When you find the spot that sounds best, you got it.

As far as cutting the hole, if you have a drill you can buy a hole cutting bit from your local hardware store in the size you need. This is the easiest and cleanest way to cut a hole.

I prefer surface mounting so there are only a couple small hole that can easily be covered if you ever decide to remove the tweets.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D