Cherry LSiM 705’s for $399 each on Adorama

13»

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    bms wrote: »
    Just ordered 703's. No more "mastur..." here lol.

Hahahaha! Congrats!!
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    bms wrote: »
    Just ordered 703's.

As did I, but in cherry this time. The black 703s I ordered last week are going back to Adorama.

One of the black 703s I rec'd has one loose binding post - I thought I could just remove the back plate and tighten down the nut on the inside, but all the nuts are locked onto the screw so I unfortunately cannot. And I didn't want to use any more force than I did for fear of breaking something.

But I'm actually ok with this, as I really prefer the cherry finish over the midnight mahogany. Then the last piece of the puzzle/upgrade-itis is to find an LSiM704c for use with the 703s in the "everyday TV system" rack as a 706c is unfortunately too big for the current rack configuration.

xur6qoif8cvm.jpg
    ^^ lower left nut was not fully threaded onto the screw before it was locked in place.

gpmyevz273w1.jpg
    ^^ top-most binding post is the bad one - loose on the speaker wire side so makes for only a half-secure connection.
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    For anyone that's owned these long enough can you comment on the highs? I use them in combination with a Polk 706c and Polk Fxi A4 for HT. Occasionally I will find them a bit harsh or bright. I've been experimenting with placement and toe in but feel like the sound stage is fine. For 2 channel music they sound good.

Using Audyssey XT32 now I have been toying with correction above 500hz. However I found the dynamics to be off with this approach. So now end up using MultiEQ Editor to limit room correction to cut off at 500hz. Can you share your experiences or lessons learned? Is there a go to test movie that you have for testing speakers? Perhaps I should also be looking at some room treatment.