Off topic looking for old friends on forum

Hey guys this is Travis from east TN went by handle of tnhndyman. Trying to reconnect with endersshadow and Scott in the mountains of northern GA. Went thru a couple years of devastating hard core cocaine addiction. Been sober almost a year and want to reconnect with old friends. You can contact me at TravisRyanWilliams72@gmail.com or my cell 4239718452. Tha ks, I miss you guys.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    edited October 2019
    Edit your post to remove your contact info.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited October 2019
    tnguy wrote: »
    Hey guys this is Travis from east TN went by handle of tnhndyman. Trying to reconnect with endersshadow and Scott in the mountains of northern GA. Went thru a couple years of devastating hard core cocaine addiction. Been sober almost a year and want to reconnect with old friends. You can contact me at TravisXXXXWilliamsXx@gmail.com or my cell 123-456-7890. Tha ks, I miss you guys.

Cocaine addiction! Yikes. I never developed a taste for Coke. A few lines would keep me up all night, and I was too edgy from it. Glad you are free. Hope you find your friends.

Post edited by BlueFox on
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey Travis! Great to hear from and glad things are looking up. I sold an HSU sub to you years ago and we talked on the phone and you seemed like a nice guy. Keep moving onward and upward!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Scottie hasn’t been on here for years as far as I know...hope he’s ok.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tnguy
    tnguy Posts: 11
    Thanks for the updates guys, rooftop yes that sub was badass. Really would like to talk to Dan , he's still o line and current.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited October 2019
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Thanks for the updates guys, rooftop yes that sub was badass. Really would like to talk to Dan , he's still o line and current.

Have texted him and he acknowledged
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Edited my post to remove his email and phone.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    BlueFox wrote: »

Cocaine addiction! Yikes. I never developed a taste for Coke.

Like Bud, I never developed a taste for coke...but I sure liked the way it smelled!!

What, too soon?

Welcome back, Travis. I’d been wondering where you’ve been. Nice to see you posting again. Congratulations on your sobriety! I wish you continued success.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited October 2019
    Hey Travis. I will hit you up later. Get your info off the post lol. I got your info from @pitdogg2 so we are good.

@KenCustomerService can we get the phone and email removed on Monday.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tnguy
    Guys thank you for the support, but I'm really on edge tonight. I don't have a clue as to how to edit previous posts or edit. I get 5 calls a day for someone trying to sell health insurance.. polk friends ,I know it's midnight on the east coast. But could someone please call me and just talk for a bit , I'm really having a difficult day and need to talk. Thanks Travis. 4237918452
  • tnguy
    Seriously guys and anyone who can talk for a few would be very appreciated. Dan thankfully responded and hope to talk tomorrow. Tonight I'm still dealing with my crap and would really like someone to distract me from my crap and talk about anything available related, football tomorrow or chances of peace in the mideast
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    Seriously guys and anyone who can talk for a few would be very appreciated. Dan thankfully responded and hope to talk tomorrow. Tonight I'm still dealing with my crap and would really like someone to distract me from my crap and talk about anything available related, football tomorrow or chances of peace in the mideast

Look at your post. Directly across from your Username will be a symbol that looks like a gear. Click on it and it should have a small popup that says "edit post" Click that and proceed.
  • tnguy
    Appreciate info
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    Congrats on the sobriety. I haven't been keeping track of how long it's been for me. Around 10 years or so. Getting sucked into a video game helped a lot. It gets a lot easier and owning things you're proud of is nice instead of it all being in the pawn shop is nice.

tnhndyman definitely rings a bell but I don't think we ever talked much. Hopefully you'll get a hold of someone who did.
    Post edited by Nightfall on
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tnguy
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Congrats on the sobriety. I haven't been keeping track of how long it's been for me. Around 10 years or so. Getting sucked into a video game helped a lot. It gets a lot easier and owning things you're proud of is nice instead of it all being in the pawn shop.

tnhndyman definitely rings a bell but I don't think we ever talked much. Hopefully you'll get a hold of someone who did.

Any chance you could talk for a few minutes
    Would appreciate it. Travis
  • tnguy
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Congrats on the sobriety. I haven't been keeping track of how long it's been for me. Around 10 years or so. Getting sucked into a video game helped a lot. It gets a lot easier and owning things you're proud of is nice instead of it all being in the pawn shop.

Yeah I had stuff, 3 pairs of m7, 2 pair m10, I won the bookshelf 703s a couple years ago. Plus the one step below the top 6 drivers and 3 tweet additional 15 inch passive radiator 124lbs a piece and sold or pawned it all. I now only have a old Sony receiver with one channel out to play music on crappy 80s Sony surround speakers
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Sure, feel free to PM me.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tnguy
    Dude I'm on a cracked screen phone that I can barely navigate the site. Either leave your number or call 4237918452. Appreciate your trying to help, Travis.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    1-800-932-4616

Volunteer help line you can call to speak to someone who will listen to you and talk about anything

Best wishes
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

Any chance you could talk for a few minutes
    Would appreciate it. Travis

PM sent....

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Dude I'm on a cracked screen phone that I can barely navigate the site. Either leave your number or call 4237918452. Appreciate your trying to help, Travis.

It seems to me that you are not involved with a 12 step program otherwise you'd have a sponsor to call. If I'm wrong I'm sorry. If I'm right you need to find a meeting tomorrow and work on getting a sponsor right away.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Congrats on getting sober. Hope things continue to move in the right direction for you.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have been sober from cocaine and other things for a little while now. The ONLY way I stopped from being 6ft under is 12 steps. You CANNOT do it alone. Please find one local to you. I live in North Ga so if you are close (I think you are?) then PM me and I can direct you to one local to your area. Feel free to PM me anytime.
  • tnguy
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I have been sober from cocaine and other things for a little while now. The ONLY way I stopped from being 6ft under is 12 steps. You CANNOT do it alone. Please find one local to you. I live in North Ga so if you are close (I think you are?) then PM me and I can direct you to one local to your area. Feel free to PM me anytime.

I appreciate you trying to help. PM sent
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Hey bud, glad to see you back. Sorry to hear of your struggles. Changing lifestyle is never going to be easy. But it can be done. I'm living proof. All the best to you and stay strong it's worth it.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I have Scott Wise's phone #, is that who your looking for? I'm not sure if its current as I haven't spoke to him in a couple of years.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tnguy
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I have Scott Wise's phone #, is that who your looking for? I'm not sure if its current as I haven't spoke to him in a couple of years.

Sent pm
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Dont see it maybe you have to have more than 10 posts to PM someone.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow. Is Scott Wise in GA? If so, I might know him from waaaaaay back at a cabinet company called DCD.