A Few MORE Questions for Those Who Know

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Alright guys(cody, macleod, mtxman, etc.), here's what I ended up getting MM12 as already mentioned. Pioneer DEH-P6500 head unit, and a Profile amp. The amp puts out 600x1 at 4 ohms. The questions--there is an input for a CD changer on the back of the head unit, can I find an adapter that will change it to a mini that I can plug into my iPod? Should I get bass blockers for just my rear 5.25s or also for the front 6.5s? Or should I just adjust the bass level through the head unit such that it does not go through the front and rear channels? My current stereo (remember, Isuzu Trooper) is in two separate parts--a tape deck/radio on top and a separate cd unit lower in the dash. Is this going to cause me serious problems in the install? Is there anything else I am missing? Thanks again for all the help.

jake
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    in no particular order:

bass blockers - i'd use xovers in the following order: ones on the hu, ones on the amp, bass blockers. i like the ones on the hu b/c it's got nothing else to do, and it keeps the amp from doing something else. and all non-sub speakers want highpasses.

the separate cd player/tape deck shouldn't cause problems. i'd imagine (though i've never taken a look at something like this) that the cd player outputs into the tapedeck/control unit thingy, then that outputs to the speakers. so, by installing a new hu, you'll lose the tape deck.

i'm not sure what you want to do with the cd changer control...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2004
    As far as bass blockers I agree with Neo. I would say use either the head unit X-over if you got it or the High Pass Filter on the amp. These will work a lot better.

I know absolutely nothing about hooking up anything involving a computer to a car stereo so cant help ya.

The seperate players shouldnt be a problem. May be a pain in the balls getting everything hooked up and in sync though but Ive never installed a double din system before but figure it would be pretty straight forward.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2004
    agreed, just use the HU crossovers
    as far as the iPod....i have no idea
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2004
    as far as the ipod, if you go to sounddomain.com, look under indash recievers, then accessories, there is a adapter that will give you rca inputs, and also a passthrough adapter so you could also still add a cd changer, or go here, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kKg9JjFLK9w/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?c=11&g=50900&s=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=
    theres another option that crutchfield has...or do what i did, go to radioshack, and get an fm transmitter, it plus into your headphone jack, send an fm signal, 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, or 88.7, to your radio, not as good oa frequency response, but works none the less.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing