Stangman officially has to deal with WAF!

Options
This weekend was probably the most important one of my life so far. Married the girl of my dreams (Courtney) in Seattle on Sunday in what can only be described as the perfect wedding. Not too much formal stuff, more or less a big ole party with plenty of humor to go around.

I think this photo describes us the best. Sitting at our old college bar in full wedding garb, drinking beer until 1am with our closest friends :)

aqava9qknyo3.jpeg

While I now officially have to deal with the WAF, I think I may be able to finagle a pair of l800s into the “man cave/bar we are planning!
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Congratulations. Name of bar?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Congratulations. Name of bar?

Finn MacCools on University Ave (University of Washington)

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,473
    Options
    Congrats to you both
    Randy/Maine
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Congrats! Now time for a lil stangman to pass the audio fever on to :).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    what was if before, GAFF? ;)
    Congrats man. Be good for each other.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Congrats Zach and Courtney!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Congratulations. . . Glad you found each other!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Way to go Zach congratulations. When do you expect the WAF factor to take effect?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    You two are a very nice looking couple!! Best wishes!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Congrats! My wedding is next week. Looking forward to the good time. Best of luck to you both of you and I hope you have a fulfilling marriage.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Congrats to both of you.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Congrats to the newlyweds.
  • stangman67
    edited September 2019
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Way to go Zach congratulations. When do you expect the WAF factor to take effect?

Precisely when we buy our first house together next year. I did most of the work already by downsizing my setup. The l800’s though :)

• ken brydson
    Options
    Congrats. I knew I felt a disturbance in the force here in the PNW recently....
  • stangman67
    Options
    Congrats! My wedding is next week. Looking forward to the good time. Best of luck to you both of you and I hope you have a fulfilling marriage.

Congrats and enjoy! It will go by in a split second so take a minute to soak it all in

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Way ta go Zach! Congrats to you both✌
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Precisely when we buy our first house together next year. I did most of the work already by downsizing my setup. The l800’s though :)

I hear you those L800s might make you test out the WAF factor. If your still serving maybe the PX will have a good deal on them a deal you cant refuse. :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • stangman67
    Options
    I will be on for at least another 12 years but the military exchanges will never pick up a speaker like the l800’s. Too much out of their market. We are planning to build a play room/bar that will have a projector. A set of l800’s and a nice marantz integrated will go a long ways I think, and waf wont really matter that much in such a room. She’s actually the instigator with this plan lol (just not the sda plan)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congratulations! I wish you all the best!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I will be on for at least another 12 years but the military exchanges will never pick up a speaker like the l800’s. Too much out of their market. We are planning to build a play room/bar that will have a projector. A set of l800’s and a nice marantz integrated will go a long ways I think, and waf wont really matter that much in such a room. She’s actually the instigator with this plan lol (just not the sda plan)

Congrats on the nuptials!

I was surprised (only 'cause I've never looked) to see AAFES listed as an "on-line" Polk dealer. After the Legend series has some traction I'm going to see if they might be able to special order the L800's. A quick search of the Exchange website isn't very promising:

3085ennf4s6z.png

First Polks I ever listened to were at a military audio club in Germany back in the 80's and I was an audio rep. The good ole' days of military electronics bonanzas dwindled years ago but it's worth a try. Tax-free would be super nice and result in $534 savings for my WA location. Either way, start saving your pennies.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Congrats! Is that a black diamond ring?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • stangman67
    Options
    Thanks! It’s actually a fairly vibrant sapphire, definitely looks black in the poor lighting of the photo though

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Outstanding! Congratulations!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Well done lieutenant... though there are some items you are wearing that are not part of your dress white uniform. :p

Congratulations to you and your bride...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Congratulations, Zach!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Congratulations
    Thank you for your service.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”