Soundbars.....

BDT
BDT Posts: 212
Ok....so, I got a couple of issues here.

One being I want to simplify the HT rig. Navigating the HT rig for TLW is cumbersome....and I get that. Plus, hooking up decent speakers to an AVR is a lousy compromise all the way around.......

So, pour moi, a surround bar for the TV and just hook the main speakers up to a decent amp for music (which we listen to a good bit) seems to be a tempting option.

The devil being in the details......the original sound bars, for lack of a better term, sucked. (Sorry Polk....). So, my question for my Polk Pals....has the sound evolved for the better? I'm not looking for separates quality sound but at least a reasonable HT experience.

The Magnifi MAX seems to look like it might be a good option......Thoughts?

BDT

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I heard the max at bestbuy. I thought it sounded darn good. I see the referbished on ebay for reasonable prices
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2019
    Check out Yamaha all in one solution. I have two of them around the house. It’s not the big system but for what they are they fit the need well.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I totally get your situation @BDT. Two thoughts (none on a sound bar sorry 😐): first, I use a Logitech harmony remote and that simplifies everything. If my 11 year old and 7 year old can use it, well I won’t say anything else...🤣
    Other thought: if I was going to go this route I would much rather get powered monitors? At least they would sound d a lot better and ya e much better stereo separation???
    Something like these perhaps? And you could add a small sub for movies: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077V8M4TG/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer