"The Voice that Shattered Glass"

Options
mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
edited September 2019 in Music & Movies
Is it live, or is it Memorex?

gw024mhit3qt.png

I thought this piece on the Memorex ad campaign featuring Ella Fitzgerald was nicely done, so I thought I'd share the link.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/03/749019831/the-voice-that-shattered-glass

At this point in my life, I am increasingly of the opinion that Ella Fitzgerald was the single best jazz/pop female vocalist ever -- at least, of any that have generated a recorded legacy.

Her "songbook" albums are as close to perfection as any recorded music I know of.

ezk5f5n4qhln.png

They sound great, too! :)

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes I have a slew of her albums all upsampled onto my NAS. & sounding like a dream. Love her voice.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited September 2019
    Options
    a True Legend!!

She is One of my favourites, in the top 5!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    I don't think I own a single Memorex cassette, come to think of it.
    I do have some 'as found' Memorex reel tapes... but I don't think they're any great shakes and I don't think I've ever played one of them, much less recorded on one.

We had a bus driver in junior high school whose voice I am pretty sure could have shattered glass...
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I don't think I own a single Memorex cassette, come to think of it.
    I do have some 'as found' Memorex reel tapes... but I don't think they're any great shakes and I don't think I've ever played one of them, much less recorded on one.

We had a bus driver in junior high school whose voice I am pretty sure could have shattered glass...

That was my mother.....you must have ridden her bus...lol