New install - rear surround without side and ATMOS

I have limited placement options for side speakers, but room for my RTi-8s behind the main viewing area.

It 'seems' to work OK setup like this, but does anybody know why none of the system give you that setup option?
Meaning I set them as side speakers but they are actually directly behind us.

I am looking at the option to mount some side speakers but not sure if I can pull that off yet.

Also, I have the option of using some of the Atmos speakers that set on top of your mains.
Like these :
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsch-reference-series-4-100-watt-passive-2-way-height-channel-speakers-pair-black/6241805.p?skuId=6241805

What has your experience been with them?
IS Atmos worth investing in in general?

Comments

• jruder
    jruder Posts: 26
    edited September 2019
    Update on this:
    It looks like I will be able to mount a pair of Bose 301's on either side.

So, I have a 9 channel receiver (Marantz 6013).

Any suggestions on how to best utilize this receiver for this setup?
    I also have an external amp that I am driving the front speakers with, so I *think* I can now use the receiver in a 11 channel mode.
  • I am guessing not a lot of Atmos adopters here yet due to the lack of opinions.

:)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited September 2019
    Forum experience with a mix-n-match Polk/Klipsch/Bose system? Probably not. :)

I would not bother with side surrounds. It's possible to have a great surround system with five speakers only.

Klipsch Atmos modules may or may not be optimal with RTi series speakers. A pair would only be needed for the main speakers. There is also a Klipsch forum. You may want to ask there for opinions on how well their modules work in a system. Polk has not had an Atmos option until the Legend line, other than doing an in-ceiling install.