MW6503, MW6502

New to the forum so will try to word this correctly. I disassembled my Monitor 10's this weekend to have David rebuild the crossovers. I looked and found i had 3 MW6503's and one MW6502. While i am the original owner of the speakers they were out of my possesion for a short time, i have reached out to my brother to see if anything happened on his watch. If not is this a common practice to have mismatched components?

Thanks.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    They are pretty far off in spec's imho

MW 6502 1.97 5.16 N 1.47 E - 3N/M 3.52 Ohms 44 Hertz

MW 6503 1.82 5.24 N 3.55 E - 3N/M 6.54 Ohms 29 Hertz

Pretty sure they would not come from the factory that way, but who knows. I'm thinking someone may have pulled a fast one. Just how long where they out of your possession?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Time to eBay for a MW6503.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks for the responses. Have to start looking. They were gone long enough for something to happen. Trying to piece a time line together. Guess it doesn't matter now just have to move forward.