PSW505 AMP

I have been waiting a month for a replacement amp for my PSW 505 they told me it is on back order what should I do next to escalate.

Answers

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Throw it in the garbage and order a SVS, Rythmik, or REL.
  • Voidedsoul
    Voidedsoul Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Good luck, I've been waiting I've 2 months. I did hear from a supervisor earlier this week that they got them in stock and were processing orders this week. Haven't heard any so I'm assuming they're out of stock again. Another 2 months and they will lose a customer. Oh and God forbid they reroute some of the supply from production to take care of people who's money they already have.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I feel your pain! I started out with some Polk subs, swapped out a few amps, but as @Clipdat and others on this forum have suggested this is a journey!

SVS subs (I have 3 now) can be found used for a decent price. Good luck!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey @Lawrence1 I’m sorry to hear that you are getting such shittie service. Unfortunately that has been more common than not lately. Does not reflect well on Polk or sound United...

I do agree that Polk has never done anything with electronics well. Passive speakers tend to punch above their price class, pretty much anything with electronics in its sucks...

If you’ve had it long enough I would save my pennies for HSU if you’re on a budget. Best bang for your buck of the internet direct guys for under a grand...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I had both of mine fail just within warranty. But was in the middle of moving so by the time I got around contacting support it was too late. Then when I look at pricing they want $300 a pop for replacement amps! The whole sub has been priced an average of $237.34 since 2016 and often drops down to $160 on good sales. Why is the amp priced significantly more than the average price of the sub itself?!? You would think a company would like to stay on good terms with their customers who have a history of buying their parts, buy offering affordable replacements components for their unreliable hardware.

They keep saying its a $600 sub but its never been priced that way... With the failure rate and the excessive cost of repair I don't think I'll recommend Polk speakers, especially sub-woofers due to poor support and quality/reliability of their electronics. Why would you buy another set that will just fail. I have a cambridge soundworks been working for 20 years!!! My two PSW-505s were lucky to last three!
  • They sent me a replacement amp it works fine for now.
  • My replacement amp has outlast the original by more than two years so far, and still going strong.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant