Florida Audio Expo 2020, Feb. 7-9 - 2nd Annual

Florida Audio Expo
Embassy Suites by Hilton Airport Westshore
555 North Westshore Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33609

Hope to make it this time and meet some of you there! :-)
Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
​Thompson Adventures, Inc.

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,561
    7 months away! Someone is excited!
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 665
    Wanted all to know so they can make/break plans. :)
    I recall there were several others interested last time who couldn't be there.

Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    Yeah! @mlistens03 better make it this time.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,677
    I'll have my drivers license this time, so as long as I get permission, I'll be there!

You gonna try and make it Drew? SoCal ain't that far away... ;)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
    No, but NorCal is! :)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,110
    Excuses...just like a Californian
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    I was born in raised in Wisconsin, so technically I am a Wisconsinite.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,230
    DSkip wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I was born in raised in Wisconsin, so technically I am a Wisconsinite.

Uff da!

They say that one in MN as well @Dabutcher
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, Aries Mini, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery.

edited August 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    Uff da!

I use Da Yoopers when auditioning new gear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da_Yoopers

R-1913045-1388167528-4615.jpeg.jpg
    I won't be there this year after all. Hope some are and find each other. :smile:

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    Looking forward to @mlistens03's coverage of the show.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 807
    CGTIII wrote: »
    I won't be there this year after all. Hope some are and find each other. :smile:

Hi Christian,

I had not seen any of your posts lately. Glad to see you on here.
    Harry
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 6,887
    I would love to have been able to spend the weekend up there...but have a home project going on today and tomorrow... I am only 2 hours south of Tampa and have tons of Hilton points i could burn.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's||Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras| Marantz AV7704 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo UDP 203 | Sony PS4 Pro| Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub | SVS SB2000 Sub | Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office |Cocktail Audio X14 | KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs|SVS PB13 Ultra |Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 | Bluesound Node |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 |
    CGTIII wrote: »

Hi Christian,

I had not seen any of your posts lately. Glad to see you on here.
    Harry

Thank you very much guys. Been buried in work and life. :#

Did meet two weeks ago with a nice group in Birmingham from the Aging Alabama Audiophiles facebook (private) group. :-)
    One of them is going to Axpona this year. His new pride and joy is a pair of Tekton Moabs he's invited the GF and I to hear sometime. :*

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,872
    Larry Smith of Wireworld will be there in rm 809. Ask him if he has any Silver Eclipse demo's...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    Belles 350A Reference Amp
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    OH MY GOSH. I completely forgot about this. I've been out of the loop on audio and this is what I get. ;)

I even managed to convince my parents to let me drive down myself in November. Ugh.

I'll do some reading on what all was there, and will do my best to be there next year. :)

Did anyone else go?
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Clipdat wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    OH MY GOSH. I completely forgot about this. I've been out of the loop on audio and this is what I get. ;)

Wait a sec, there's only one thing that could have caused this...

...Micah's got a GIRLFRIEND!!!!

Better... I got a car! Sort of. It's my parents, not mine. Very broken Volvo that isn't worth fixing, unfortunately. It has almost 300k miles. :)

Between saving for a better car and playing guitar, audio hasn't gotten much time, especially since I can't really afford to upgrade any farther. :)