Yet another LSiM 705/Amp Combo question!

Hi,
I recently bought a set of LSiM 705's to use in a music only set up. I've been listening to them for a few weeks and really enjoy them. I was now hoping to get some advice on a new amp.

I have been reading MANY discussions on this and other forums about driving these speakers. Right now I feel like a dog that has been chasing its own tail for too long. I'm a little confused and dizzy from so many choices.

A little detail on my set up and what I would like. As I said, it is music only. The room is 15' X 20' with hardwood floors and lots of large windows. It is actually a sun room that opens to my deck. I want to play music in the room and on the deck. I have a pair of bluetooth speakers outside and would like for them to play the same thing that is on the main speakers inside. I use a turntable, CD, ipod, and streaming services for music. I prefer the simplicity of a single box versus separates.

I have been looking at a couple of network steaming devices with bluetooth transmitters. The Yamaha R-N803 and the NAD C368 both offer this feature. They are 100 and 80 wpc, respectively. I am concerned/confused as to whether this is enough power. I have read many post that say close to 200 watts is needed. But, at least one poster here praised the Yamaha A-S801 as plenty powerful. From what I have seen, the 803 and 801 share the same power supply.

I must confess (although most could guess) that I am not a true audiophile. However, I would like nice sound. I would appreciate opinions on these choices or other comparable ones in the $1000 - $1200 range. Thanks.

Comments