A little "he said, she said" in the realm of online loudspeaker reviews

Options
mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
edited August 2019 in Speakers
I know nothing about any of this and have never heard of the reviewer before. I do know of Tekton, but have no ears-on experience with their products. But I found this post Someplace Else interesting and felt motivated to share it.

Here's the YT video (which is, apparently 42 minutes long).

https://youtu.be/2w8jnkEfrww

Here's a link to the place where I read about it.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/a-youtube-reviewer-admits-payoffs-and-eric-from-tekton-had-a-plan.879886/

Offered strictly 'as-is' and FWIW, for entertainment purposes only. No affiliation. Caveat emptor, YMMV, etc. B)

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    This guy is reviewing a pair of $2k speakers as if they were $300k Wilson Alexandrias... kind of insane
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The double impacts are actually pretty good, especially for the price. The Lore however, is a dog. Least with anything above a whisper in volume.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Tekton says they have 142 different speaker designs and can make anyone of them upon request. Kind of hard to take them seriously.

Personally, I found the review refreshingly honest and appreciate the added insights.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    The double impacts are actually pretty good, especially for the price. The Lore however, is a dog. Least with anything above a whisper in volume.

yep when we seen the double impact at Axpona I was very skeptical looking at that array of tweeters yet when the music played my smile grew.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Dang I took a peek at the massive towers. They look like beasts!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!