Why a rough night!

Options
Forced to pull out an Oppo and spin some discs! Ugh gross! Looks like my Aries Femto has bit the dust. Luckily Auralic is sending me a part to repair it myself, since it has been less than two years since it’s purchase. They did sincerely give me a generous trade in towards a G1. After having two Auralic products, I think they sound great, but I’m not too excited about having a third. I think I’m going to branch out to lumin, Bryston or possibly even antipodes. I think I will fix the Aries and flip it.
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your plight. Spinning those plastic coasters does seem antiquated after my recent purchase of my very first streamer/transport.

There are still bugs to be worked out regarding my knowledge (or lack of) what my transport can and cannot do. But I’m pretty happy with it so far. Definitely look at LUMIN. I picked up the Mini and I’m fairly happy with it so far
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I’m surprised how good the Aries sounds playing tidal, compared to CDs. I’m using the CD player as a transport while I wait for the WiFi module that is the apparent cause of my issues. Will spin some SACDs today and see how it sounds.

I haven’t played a cd in more than a year. I much prefer as much music as I can handle at my fingertips.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Forced to pull out an Oppo and spin some discs! Ugh gross! Looks like my Aries Femto has bit the dust. Luckily Auralic is sending me a part to repair it myself, since it has been less than two years since it’s purchase. They did sincerely give me a generous trade in towards a G1. After having two Auralic products, I think they sound great, but I’m not too excited about having a third. I think I’m going to branch out to lumin, Bryston or possibly even antipodes. I think I will fix the Aries and flip it.

Love my AntipodesDX...**recommended**
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    Options
    I am an Aurelic fan. An Aries Mini got me started. Gave that to a buddy when I moved up to the Altair. Great customer service when my buddy's cat knocked the mini off a shelf and broke the power connector. They sent me the replacement part for free, even though it was out of warranty and physical damage.

Good luck on your search. Audio is a journey.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I’ve had nothing but glitchy non stop issues with my Aries Femto. I’m done with it! This has come at a bad time because I just bought a new amp! Looks like I have to repair the Aries and live with it for a while, but that’s ok. I’ve pretty much decided on lumin at this point, I’m not going the G1 route.

Playing tunes through tidal off a MacBook Pro directly into my DAC and it sounds... not that good. Better than the Oppo though! The music sounds compressed and definitely has a higher noise floor, this is a true eye opener, I still can’t believe how good the Aries sounds... at least 3 times better than this. Can’t wait to get it repaired.
    2 channel:
    Theater: